Part 5 :Tuesday

Alice speed walked to school trying not to be late again. Yet she woke up late meaning she would be. As she was walking, her eyes glanced across the road. Oh god she thought as her eyes landed on FP. Alice quickly moved her eyes forward keeping her eyes focused on the school building which slowly got bigger and bigger. Her heart raced a little as Fp walked next to her. His eyes just stayed focused on the direction of the school. Alice bit her lip slightly as a confused expression began to spread over her face. Fp didn't say a word. Not a single mumble. No sarcastic response. Nothing. It was like he didn't even realise she was here. Alice was confused. Not just by Fp's non existent response. But why she actually cared he hadn't said anything. It was like he didn't know she was there. Or anyone was there for that matter. In a world of his own. Alice shook her head slightly trying to even out her thoughts.

Once at school, Alice ran to science. As she entered the crowded room the bell echoed through the hall. Phew Alice thought as she approached her seat. Soon after Alice, Fp walked in. He sat near the front which was unusual for him. Alice let her eyes search him for a moment as curiosity filled her mind. Her head titled slightly but soon shot up suddenly when her name was called. Alice raised her pencil to signal she was here.

After about 20 minutes, the teacher was assigning pairs. There was only 4 people left. Penelope Blossom, Fred Andrews , Fp and Alice. Alice was hoping and praying that she was paired with Fred. "Right Fp and Fred," great Alice thought. "Penelope and Alice." This caused Alice to release a sigh to which Penelope rolled her eyes. Penelope walked to Alice knowing Alice wasn't going to move and Fred walked to Fp. The class began the experiment.

Alice hadn't taken her eyes of Fp for almost the whole experiment. He just looked so... defeated. She had never seen him like this. And she had known him for as long as she can remember. Her mind was just so curious. Not only to why Fp was like this but, to why she cares so much. Her thoughts were wondering off to a world of their own as per usual till Penelope's hand was centimetres away from Alice waving in front of her eyes. Alice shot her head back not before grabbing Penelope's hand and pushing it away. "What?" Alice shot anger slightly in her tone.

"Are you actually going to help or are you going to continue to drool over Fp?" Penelope said full of sarcasm. Alice gave Penelope a dirty look which Penelope just replied with a small smirk. God I hate her Alice's mind spoke. If there was one person to get on Alice's nerves more than Fp it was Penelope. Alice decided to stop staring and help. And by help she means watch Penelope and pretend she knows what's happening.

"Hey, you ok ?" Fred asked Fp with genuine concern on his face. Fp just put on a fake smile and nodded. Fred didn't believe that for a second but knew better than to push him. Fp watched Fred do the experiment. Fp would normally help or well try to. But it would usually result in him getting in trouble. Fp actually liked school. I know shocker but he did. Yes he messed around a bit. Well a lot but well he is a teenager. He did want to go to college. The first Jones in college. However he knew his dad would flip and it's not worth the trouble. Not right now anyway. But what hurt him was what Alice said. Yeah they had argued back and forth before but this time it was different. After he actually spent time reflecting on what Alice said the more it made sense. He'd never be free from the serpents. No matter how hard he tried to be like a north sider and try to just get away from the serpents , they'd always be there and he'd always go back. Even if he tried to leave there was no way his dad would actually let him. Not ever. Inside he kinda knew this but actually hearing someone say it out loud hit him like a ton of bricks. And for some reason hearing Alice out of all people made it hurt a thousand times more. Fp glanced at Alice who was giving Penelope a dirty look. He couldn't help but wonder if what she said she truly believed. And why it annoyed her so much. His mind decided to talk to her in detention about it. Why not? He thought. He began to focus back on Fred. Fred turned and smiled to which Fp returned it. I just hope this doesn't end badly...again.

Sorry I'm sooo slow at updates but I will get better 😄 Also thank you for reading so far and hope your enjoying it 😊😄