11 | Suprise!!Suprise!!

After a day, I reached the Toronto Pearson international airport. Finally, CANADA!! I breathed in the chilly air.

I don't know why but I loved Canada so much. So I decided to start my own company here. Katherine was waiting for me with a bouquet. Aww, how sweet of her!!

She looked at me and came smiling to me. She handed me the bouquet.

"Welcome back, Mam", she said smiling.

"Thanks a lot, Katherine. This means a lot to me. Why did you come? The car will be here, however waiting for me", I said, taking the bouquet, hugging her.

She just shrugged. Then I went to my pent house apartment after Katherine left to my office. HOME!!!

Tonight is the ceremony. I quickly checked my wardrobe for a nice dress. After going through many, I found the one. It was a black, long, backless, sequined dress. Perfect, I thought.

I wore the dress and matched it with diamond studs. I kept my make up minimal with a touch of bold red lips. I let my hair into a low bun. I looked at my reflection. I looked pretty.

Just for Kabir. I smiled at the thought of him, seeing me first time in this type of dress. It was a bit uncomfortable with backless but if he likes it, then not at all a problem for me.

I sat in the car and the driver drove to the place where the ceremony was going on.

There were many notifications on my phone. Mostly from Kabir.

Sorry for ignoring you babe, but you'll like it eventually, I thought.

Then finally I reached the place and it was magnificent. It was a ball themed ceremony. I loved it. Incredibly big and crystal chandeliers were hanging on the ceilings. Everything about that place shrieked grandness. I went inside and saw the media was there clicking pictures of all the celebrities over there. There was almost every bigwig over there. Before i could get away from there, some guy in the media called me for a picture. Just great!

"Ms. Anshi, can we have a picture, please?" he asked, giving me a smile.

"Sure," i nodded, smiling and posing for a picture.

They took some of mine and I left before anybody can see me and went inside the area where the actual ceremony was held.

There were some familiar faces and I nodded in familiarity. They smiled and nodded back. I took my seat. The table was surrounded by some chairs decorated beautifully. There was water on the table and I chugged it down. I was tensed and happy at the same time. There was no sign of Kabir yet.

Where are you boy friend? I thought.

Then, the commotions begin at the entrance and I looked at that. My heart skipped for a minute. Kabir was coming with his guards surrounding him. He was in his signature Black tuxedo, his hair gelled back perfectly. I kept gawking at him. His every inch shouted perfection. He slowly walked towards the table beside me. He smiled slowly at the people seated.

Thank god, he didn't see me.

The chief guest started the speech about Kabir. I was looking at his each movement. He placed his index finger on his lips and was seriously listening to whatever the guest was saying. He was giving a fake smile at him. Okay, I am responsible for his grumpy mode. I agree. But I'll make it up for him.