Part 10: How to take down an Assassin 101

King T'Challa had sent you and Azari back to the Avengers Academy so he could deal with Killmonger's child without us getting in the way. After getting back to school you had to get a late paper to one of your professors so you went into school earlier than usual. On your way there you hear a voice coming from one of the rooms and decided to listen in. You go to the bathroom and Astral project yourself out of your body.

It was something your dad and Dr.Strange taught you but you were just getting used to it. You head to the where you heard the voice. You get to the room and see the masked assassin setting up a bomb up in the room with a tripwire "That's not good." As you leave to go stop them you see Ed walking towards the room. The wire isn't set yet but you know that without his suit he's about to be taken down "No, no, no! Gosh dang it! Ed stop!"

He keeps going until you open a window in front of him "Ed!" He falls back onto the ground "What the hell (y/n)! Are you astral projecting?!" You nod "You don't have much time! Suit up, I will get back to you. Do not enter that door." You leave and immediately start heading for your body. Once back you immediately start running to the room. You get there and Ed is unconscious on the floor.

The masked assassin laughs "Don't move. You may not have a bounty on you but I won't hesitate to kill you." You let your magic run through you when you hear James behind you "Get away from them!" He comes to your side and puts himself between you and them "Give us Ed back now!" They laugh again "Now there's a bargain waiting to happen. Him for you." You hit them with your magic "That's not a bargain! That's a death wish!"

James pushes you back before turning on his shield "Call the Avengers now!" You push him aside and hit the masked assassin again "Not a chance! We're doing this together!" He goes to punch the masked assassin but they go up in black smoke and reappear behind him, kicking him in the back before trying to go after you. You throw a force field around them "Why don't you try to go after a different target that's much easier?!"

They start hitting the shield "There wouldn't be any fun if it were easy!" James gets up "How long can you hold that?" You concentrate on it "A decent bit now. Call the Avengers!" You yell out "Heimdall! Get father now!" James helps Ed as he wakes back up all while he successfully calls the Avengers "They're on their way. The closest person is a few minutes! Just hold on!" The masked assassin continues to pound at the shield "This is getting really hard!" Ed suit up!!"

He nods before having his suit come out of his skin. He's in full gear. Spider-Man runs through the door "I'm here! Woah, that's a deadly looking person! Alright, let them go!" You bring down the shield and the masked assassin disappears before reappearing behind Spider-Man. You throw a shield between them before they disappear again. They grab you "You're getting annoying."

They puff you away to the top of a skyscraper nearby before leaving. You fall quickly "Oh gods! Sh!t!" You open a portal below you and fall back into the classroom. You land with a loud thud. You look up to see Ed trying to take on the assassin before Spider-Man goes to web them. The assassin ends up disappearing as they go to shoot and take out each other. James goes after the assassin but they throw the shield away and grab him. You get to your feet and let yourself fully go.

Your magic flows through you before producing a blinding green light from you "Let him go!" You blast them across the school before hovering to them. They try to teleport away but you grab them "You have some sort of dark energy in you. Allow me to be your light." You allow a  burst of light to come out of you causing the assassin to scream. They collapse to the floor, knocked out.

Fueled by adrenaline you grab them again before pulling a sword out of your hand. As you go for the kill shot your father stops you by grabbing the sword "No (y/n)! That's not the way!" You blast him away before grabbing the sword again. James limps into the room holding his stomach "Don't do it (y/n)! You're better than that." He walks up to you and takes the sword away before tossing it away. Your magic goes out like a candlelight. You return back to normal before feeling like all the energy has suddenly been drain from you.

James holds you up as your father comes to you. You look to his side to see that you had damaged his armor. If you had hit harder, you could have done some serious damage "I'm so sorry father! Did I hurt you?" He shakes his head "No, I will be fine. We need to find out what exactly you just did." Spider-Man walks in and looks at the assassin before pulling down their mask "No way." You shrug "I mean I'm not surprised." James gasp "Really them?! Of all people? It had to be of course them!"

Who do you think is the marked assassin? Comment what you think!

If you don't already, go follow my Instagram where I post stories like these on there.

IG|@marvelimagines

Thanks for all the support! 🥰