- 12 -

" Hold on a second, I thought you're both here to meet the victim. By the way, she knew you, Jackson. " Karry paused for awhile before stating that the victim knew Jackson. Somehow, Kimberly felt a little uncomfortable with the last sentence yet she ignored the uncertain feeling she felt inside.

" She? Where is she then? " Jackson raised an eyebrow, after hearing that it is a girl and not a guy. He actually expected the victim to be a guy as well. That is how Jackson got curious of whoever that victim is, but not as curious and eager as Kimberly to meet the person.
Karry did not give any replies and directly pointed towards a door behind him instead, signalling that the person was in there.

" Go ahead, I'm just gonna go somewhere. I'll be back soon, " Karry said without even looking back at Kimberly or Jackson, but he was more focused on the huge bouquet of white and red roses that was placed on the table. Kimberly thought to herself that the roses looked really beautiful especially after Karry arranged those flowers. She somehow felt it was unique by how he arranged the flowers, it just seemed to blend so well.

' I wonder how could a vampire like him end up as a florist though, he sure has that talent. Still, whoever that bouquet was prepared for, that person is just lucky. ' Kimberly smiled to herself, her eyes not moving an inch away from Karry whom still seemed to be dissatisfied with the flower's arrangement. Jackson was about to knock on the door, until he realised Kimberly wasn't next to him. After Jackson noticed that the girl was deeply immersed in staring at his own friend, he reversed his steps- back to where he stood earlier.

" Why? Interested in roses? " Jackson whispered, accidentally woke the girl up from her thoughts before he, himself also stared at the roses. Kimberly whom was surprised hurriedly replied,

" N-no! I like Carnation, not roses. "

" Hm whatever. Keep moving. " The guy shrugged his shoulders before he decided to approach the door again, but with Kimberly following behind him this time.

They glanced at each other for a second before Kimberly lifted her hand and knocked on the door, lightly but clear enough. Jackson then twisted the doorknob open before there was even a reply in approval for them to enter. The door opened, revealing a girl whom was also about their age. She had a short hair with bangs, slightly shorter than Kimberly as well. Kimberly couldn't deny the fact that the girl had that type of doll face. A squeal was heard right away,

" Jacksonnnnn! "

Kimberly felt a gush of wind flew past her before the guy next to her was already hugging the girl earlier with a huge grin on his face,

" Sienna, it's been so long. I almost thought something would have happen to you, " Jackson said, still not letting go of the hug. Somehow, Kimberly could see that part of the load that was weighing on Jackson's shoulder all these times, was gone. That wasn't a bad thing, but unfortunately for Kimberly- she don't feel comfortable watching the scene.

' Is he still gonna keep on hugging her? Better not interrupt. ' Kimberly wanted to stay at first, but she could feel that uncomfortable feeling growing stronger in her. It actually bothered her a lot that she finally decided to walk out of the room. However, before she could even step out of the room, she was unexpectedly pulled back by a strong force which she assumed was Jackson.

" Where are you going? Come, meet my friend, Sienna. And, Sienna this is Kimberly. " Jackson introduced still with a smile on his face, in which Kimberly had never seen that side of him that often. One of the rarest moment, you could say. Kimberly smiled awkwardly at the girl infront of her before bowing a little while Sienna did the same.

" Jackson, you do know she isn't a vampire right? " Sienna half whispered, but no doubt Kimberly heard it since they were just a metre or two away from her. Kimberly decided to just stay silent and let Jackson do all the explaining,

" I know, but she's the one who has my heart. " The explanation wasn't as detailed as Kimberly thought it would be, and for some reasons she thought it sounded weird to just end it that way.

" Your girlfriend? " Sienna asked, turning back at Jackson with a confused look on. While on the other hand, Kimberly was blushing- not so red because it was expected. She was certain that Sienna would misunderstood if the guy ended the sentence that way.

" No. Wait, I thought Karry told you. Looks like I'll have to explain the whole thing, "

-

" I see, glad then. Seems like I still have a chance. " Sienna smiled after understanding the situation, and Kimberly unexpectedly felt challenged by that sentence. Kimberly felt even worse when Jackson was just laughing it away, not even rejecting it. However, Kimberly tried to get rid of those thoughts and she believed that it has nothing to do with her.

" Well, listen here. Actually, I was also caught by those scientists. I'm supposed to be the third test subject in the exchanging organ project after you, " Sienna sounded serious right away, her eyes glued on Jackson.

' Third test subject. . ? Who's the first then? I thought Jackson was the first one. ' Kimberly thought to herself, as it felt just like one of the plot twists in drama that she never expected.

" But luckily I managed to escape from them. At first, I was brought to their lab. I heard them talking about that organ exchanging project. I thought I heard it wrong but no. " Sienna paused for a few seconds and took deep breath,

" Jackson, you really need to search for your body, the sooner the better. " Sienna placed one of her hand onto Jackson's shoulder, staring in his eyes intensely. Kimberly whom was left out, suddenly felt chills in her after hearing that.

" Why? The 720 days time limit? "

" Not just that, " Sienna shook her head, eyes filled with worries.

" What is it then? " Jackson asked again, as he gave up on guessing what the girl meant even if he just gave a shot. Kimberly gulped the moment she saw Sienna leaning nearer towards them as they were sitting in a form of a triangle,

" They are going to dispose your body by destroying it after the project is over, which is soon. "