- 18 -

" Kimberly! How did you get in there!? " Jackson asked, almost slamming his hand on the door but Karry pulled his hand back immediately, thinking that the alarms might went off if they ever lay their hands on the surface. They could hear Kimberly's reply from the other side,

" I- i don't know! I just imagined this room in my head like what you said earlier. "

" Damn it, she just teleported. Now that she already has the teleportation ability, she's gonna turn into a full vampire soon. " Jackson said as he could feel himself starting to panic more than the situation outside the museum earlier. He knew that it's all gonna be over once Kimberly turned into a full vampire.

" Wait, what!? No way. . " Kimberly whom was inside, clearly heard what Jackson had just said. She couldn't imagine how terrible her life would turn out to be, if she ever became a full vampire. It was just a blink of an eye before the girl realised that she was already standing next to Jackson again,

" Wait, how am I- " The clueless girl did not get the chance to even finish her sentence properly, before she teleported once again but this time with her friends along— into the room they've been wanting to teleport in. 

Jackson whom was slightly confused at first, slowly opened his eyes and realised that he was already in the room which was filled nothing but whiteness again. He turned towards both Karry and Sienna, and as expected they all had a surprised expression on before all of them whipped their heads towards Kimberly right away.

" Her teleportation ability is still unstable. To be honest, this is kinda dangerous. It's exactly like when a vampire had just started to learn to activate their ability. " Karry said, pointing towards Kimberly whom was frowning with his index finger. They all had their attention fixed on Karry, before it was back to Kimberly once they were sure that he had finished his sentence.

" I'm impressed that a newbie is able to teleport more than one person, not to mention it's her first time. " Sienna had her arms crossed as she talked about Kimberly. Somehow, old memories flashed in Sienna's mind as she was reminded of one of her childhood difficulties whereby she was having trouble in teleporting more than one person. It was unbelievable just how did the human infront of her did it with an ease.

" Okay forget that, it's wasting our time. Now that her teleportation ability have been activated, we really gotta go. " Jackson's tone sounded as if he was in a rush, and is feeling trepidation deep inside. It wasn't even hot with the air-con on, in the museum but they had all noticed the droplets of sweats which had formed on Jackson's forehead. No one decided to say a word about it, because they knew how Jackson felt about this.

" We'll step in that box, it'll work just like a lift to bring us to the ground floor. " He added, then the atmosphere went silent once again with only sounds of footsteps from their shoes. They carried the luggage and placed it next to them when they finally stood on the box. It took the so called ' lift ', a split second to react and started moving itself.

It wasn't long until they finally reached the ground floor. Looking at the unexpected scene infront of them, both Jackson and Kimberly froze at their spot— their mouths hanging open. Karry had one of his eyebrows raised upon seeing such an empty room, which they had expected to see something.

" No no no, this is not how it's supposed to be. They've removed everything in here! " Kimberly exclaimed, stepping out of the lift and moved forward, still not believing the major difference compared to the last time they came. The cylinder shaped containers that used to be placed all around the room, was gone.

" Damn it, they must've known that we are coming. They are a step ahead of us. " Jackson groaned, slowly stepping out of the lift as well. Disappointments filled in him within a second, making him feel helpless and tired.

" So much for the hard works. " Sienna sighed heavily, looking down at her luggage. She started to feel disappointed as well, but not as much as Jackson had felt. They had expected something better with all the efforts they had given just to bring the luggage in earlier.

" I can't believe I lost track of my own body now. For sure, they aren't stupid enough to still keep it in the same museum. "  Jackson was crouching on the ground, and as he was about to add another sentence to represent his hopeless life, he was disturbed by a loud ringtone that seemed to be coming from Kimberly's direction.

Kimberly whom heard the ringtone and felt the vibrations in her pants' pocket, hurriedly dug her hand in and took her phone out. It was obvious that her expressions changed instantly after seeing the dialer. She then pressed her thumb onto the screen before placing her phone at her ear,

" Mom? What is it. . " 

" Wait, why? " Kimberly's smile turned into a frown. Everyone was curious and was hoping that nothing would go wrong.

" No I can't, I- " It was too obvious that Kimberly's words were cut off, then the call ended just like that. They had a surprised look on their face, with an oddly strong ominous feeling, while staring at Kimberly. It turns out that their instinct was right,

" Sorry guys, I gotta go. My mom suddenly came back from overseas and she sounds terribly mad for some reasons. "

" It's alright, just go ahead. We'll keep on the search once you're free. " Karry assured her, lightly patting on her right shoulder. Kimberly flashed a smile back at Karry's words before she turned her gaze towards Jackson.

" I'll just stay in your room while you settle with things downstairs. " Jackson said, after he understand the meaning behind Kimberly's gaze. She then nodded her head in agreement before everyone left.

-

" Mom, I'm back. " Kimberly entered her house with a tint of fear within her. She was reminded of how scary her mother sounded in the phone earlier the whole time after she left the museum with Jackson. Her guts told her it isn't gonna be something easy and good.

" Finally. Where are you earlier? " The question somehow made Kimberly hesitated if she should speak the truth or not, because she knew she had to be careful to not get a word wrong. In short, she'll be finished if she does.

" Uh, hanging out with friends. "

" Friends? Are they boys or girls? " By now, her mother already had her arms crossed while staring at her daughter suspiciously. It was as if this was the last chance for Kimberly to save herself by answering the right question, or else her mother would snap immediately.

" Both. " The girl tried to make it sound as nonchalant as possible.

" Is it Roy? " Her mother asked, only focusing on the boys part, even if Kimberly did mentioned the word girls as well. Kimberly then slightly bit her lips as she mustered up her courage in answering the question,

" Yes, and Jesslyn was there too. " Kimberly lied, but her facial expressions weren't changing even a little. It did not show any hint of her lying, after all she did fooled the security guard in the museum before with her lies. The girl was sure that her acting skills would work out on her mother as well.

After all, she did purposely put Jesslyn's name in there, which is someone whom her mother knew.

" Wilson, go and get Roy in Kimberly's room. "  Kimberly's mother turned towards the butler beside her before the butler nodded his head, and gave a small bow before heading upstairs towards Kimberly's room.

Kimberly had her eyes widened upon hearing those three words. She was reminded of Jackson that was in her room, which indicated that Roy must have saw Jackson teleported in.

Not only that, with Roy in her room, it was obvious that her statement earlier was a lie.