Thug Talk

Who was he. All I could hear in my head going off all night."Should I have been scared of him?" "Who was he?"
"Why was he a slanga?" I kept thinking he was much to nice looking to be a drug dealer. Even the black clothes he wore were well ironed. The next morning we did our daily routine except we walked to school and didn't get to go to the donut shop. We instead ran into the "thug" again. I saw him before both my cousin and my sister because they seemed to never pay attention when walking to school. It felt as though my body wanted to run but my mind told me to stay still. I guess my brain was stronger than my body because no matter how bad I wanted to move I couldn't. He stopped me me by gabbing my arm. That seemed to be the only way he knew how to talk to me was grabbing me.
"Aye lil shawdy" he said in his version if a greeting
"What do you want?! Get off of me!" The get off part seemed to replay in my head.
"I'm new on this block so imma polagize fa tha way I handled y'all yestaday" his New Orleans accent being much heavier than mine I was highly irritated by the mere sound of it. "Whatever, can you let me go na?" I yelled creating a scene so that my sister and cousin who were still too busy laughing to notice that I was being manhandled.
"Leah!!" they both yelled finally understanding that I didn't like the current situation I was in. "Get off her!" Tamara turned red by the face and ran full speed towards us. That being her attempt in getting him off of me. But before she was able to get there he let go of my arm glancing at Tamara getting closer.
"Whoa shawty chill. I'm just trynna tawlk ta lil bit and polagize fa yestaday" I cringed at the sound of his voice he continued speaking. "My name August but y'all prolly can't nounce dat so y'all call me aug. I'm mo than sho y'all know how dese streets work based on the way shawty ova hea" he said nodding his head to Tamara "said dem rules ta me yestaday."
"Yea and!" Tamara snapped back
"Look lil one keep running them lips an you gone..."he was interrupted
"Gone what!" I snapped back
Before I knew it, I was hit with the power of two horse hooves.
"I told you to stop talkin back ta me lil girl!" I was used to being hit by these thugs they were like fathers who weren't afraid to put me and my sister in our place. My parents usually didn't mind because they knew we weren't the type to get bullied so they knew if we came home with bruising it was because we had talked back. After he hit me he let me go and said
"Betta hope I ain hea when chu walkin home."
I thanked The Lord that we had an alternate route home. We kept walking to school Tamara checking my cheek just about every other step