Chapter 4: An Unfortunate Realization

Larry was dashing as fast as his zombie legs could carry him. Amazingly,  Larry was able to continue to endure the tensions and other pains in his legs, until he finally got to the sheltered comfort of his home. However, Larry remembered he had locked his house to prevent anybody from getting ideas. 

Larry reached into his pocket... but he didn't feel anything. Suddenly feeling tensed, Larry immediately checked his other pocket, and to his horror, they weren't there either. The Machine Shed?! Could they be there? Wait, NO! I brought them with me! Where could they be?!! Larry had thought fearfully to himself. Larry literally checked around the entire perimeter of his house, before he came to the horrible conclusion: he must've dropped them, somewhere in the city, the same city where... the Chomper nearly killed him. 

The prospect of having to go back into the dangerous city made Larry shiver so severely, his own skeleton could fall apart like in those old B&W cartoons. Larry looked over to where he had exited the city. He waited where he was and listened for the beast's growls. 

No noise is heard. Larry then carefully took a few big steps towards the direction of the city, making sure that no sounds made outside would attract the Chomper. There were many instances where Larry nearly stepped on a twig or any other debris lying around that would make a sound if stepped on. 

Larry continued to make careful movements until he was at the edge of the city again. He scanned the surroundings. The cars were still there, still upturned. A good sign. That means the Chomper hasn't been to this area, strangely enough, Larry thought to himself. He listened for the beast once more, and there still was no sound. With some regained confidence, Larry stepped back into the city.