(4) Keith

Lance's p.o.v:

    As Lance stood there in front of the smaller prince waiting for the other to take the wine glass from him, he had noticed Lotor was showing a completely different side of himself. Lotor was treating Keith a lot differently than how he treated Lance, appearing like he was genuinely concerned for the little prince. Not that Lance wasn't worried but he didn't peg Lotor to be the type to really care, in his opinion Lotor seemed like a complete ass-hat.

   "Here, It's for you you know. Drink up." He said bluntly, not meaning for it to sound like a command. Was Keith going to think he was trying to order him around? He hoped not as he continued to hold the wine glass for Keith to take, the smaller prince gave Lance a puzzled look but took the wine glass from him anyway. "What for..?" Keith questioned as he stared down at the glass, still seeming a little dazed and out of it. Lance looked to Lotor for help, he didn't exactly want to upset Keith by insinuating that an alpha- let alone an alpha prince was in anyway scared or frightened. It was kind of taboo and might get you punched for saying such things. But Keith really did need to calm down, the poor guy was shaking. Lotor looked away from him to look at Keith, as if he was silently informing him that he'd be the one to say it instead. Guess it wouldn't hurt his pride as much if a friend suggested it rather than a stranger.

   "You're still out of it and seem on edge right now, I had Prince Lance go fetch you some water so you could try to calm down easier." Lotor mumbled,  trying not to make a big deal out of the situation even though his facial expression definitely made it seem like a big deal. This guy's tone of voice and facial expression just don't match right now. "Just drink up and calm down." Lotor added, now patting the small prince's head. It was such an intimate interaction. They must know each other pretty well huh? Keith did as he was told as Lotor continued to pat his head, taking small sips from the glass while trying to steady his breathing.

   Lance wanted to tease the smaller prince for being so.. Well, cute in his current vulnerable state. But maybe now isn't the time. The tender moment that was happening right now wasn't his to be apart of, it felt a little awkward. "-Prince Lotor! There you are! Some of your lords are looking for you, it's rather important your majesty!" A Galran man dressed like a royal advisor stated, looking panicked as he held an important looking tablet firmly against his chest. Lotor looked at the man and only sighed in response, then looked back at Keith who kept his gaze on his now empty wine glass. "I'll be right there. Prince Lance, I know you don't owe me any favors but could you please look after Keith for now? I've no idea how long these matters will take or if I'll even be back before the ball comes to an end. They tend to vary depending on what's wrong." Lotor trailed off, kind of rambling to him at this point. Why was he so worried about Keith? Why was he treating another alpha like a child, as if he wasn't sitting right there to hear him make such an offensive request? Lance wasn't opposed to hanging out with Keith but the way Lotor had phrased his question was weird to him. "Uh... Sure Prince Lotor. I'll stay with him." He replied, still not sure how to feel about this request. Keith seemed fine now, surely Prince Keith wouldn't need any supervision. It seems kind of insulting, really.

    Prince Lotor got closer to Lance as if he was going to walk past him but stopped moving when he got to Lance's side. "Keep him safe alright? Try to stay clear of the other alphas, keep him as calm as you can. If anyone messes with him, get their damned names for me. Got it?" Lotor said with a low growl into his ear, it was more of a threat than a request. Did Keith have enemies or something? What was Lotor so concerned about? It sounded as if Lance was going to get hurt if he didn't do as he said- If he couldn't keep Prince Keith safe while Lotor was away. If the growl didn't get the message across to him the look Lotor gave him definitely did, confirming he was going to be in big trouble if he didn't properly look after Keith. "Now I'll be off." Lotor mumbled as he left with the Galran man that had come all this way just to fetch him. Didn't have to threaten Lance, he would've tried to stay and hangout with Keith anyhow.