[ 8 ]

[ sicheng pov ]

i've been more busy at work lately, not that i'm blaming my boss. i wanted to. i had to get my mind of him. i thought everything was over, and that i was over him.

i walked home with earphones plugged in. i put in the passcode to the door, before seeing chenle and jisung together. i took off one side, "hey kids, what're you doing here?"

"ge," chenle started. "jisung-ie needs a job!" i nodded, still not understanding why he told me.

"why are you telling that to me?" i asked. jisung smiled, "does your workplace need anyone? i could work with you!" i thought for awhile, suddenly remembering that my department needed someone as backup.

"oh yeah! i have a job for you, but i need to ask my boss. could you follow me to the office tomorrow?" he nodded. chenle smiled, looking at jisung. i could've sworn he was blushing a little.

♣️

>>next day

"bye jisung-ie, bye ge!" chenle waved goodbye as he walked down the steps, going to school. i picked up my bag and put on a hoodie over my t-shirt. i gestured for jisung to follow me as we walked together to the bus stop. we were walking silently, an awkward silence hovering us. as we walked closer to the bus stop, i spotted him again. i kept seeing him everyday, every time i walked to the bus stop. i quickened my steps as i nervously smiled to jisung, "let's hurry, we wouldn't want to be late."

but before i could reach out my hand to hail a taxi, my eyes passed by him. and he looked at me. the taxi soon stopped, as i fiddled with the handle, hurrying to open it. jisung noticed, and opened the door for me.

"s-seoul broad-casting station, please." i said. it was the same routine every morning. me seeing him, me freaking out, and the driver looking at me weirdly.

"hyung, are you okay?" jisung asked as we set off.

"yeah, of course." i replied. and the rest of the ride was silent.

♣️

[ jisung pov ]

i noticed something strange about sicheng hyung too. what's up with them?

we soon arrived at seoul broadcasting station. sicheng lead me to the direction of what seemed to be like the backstage crew department, referring to the lift directory.

"hyungnim! i got a guy." sicheng waved to a guy at the end of the department office.

"oh great! hello there, i am mr kim, pleasure to meet you. take a seat here and fill out your particulars." the guy, mr kim said.

sicheng pulled the two chairs in front of him out for  me and him to sit. i took the clipboard from mr park and glanced at the document.

PERSONAL PARTICULARS
full name :
age : gender :
contact number :
address :
family contact :
(in case of emergency)
education :
skills :

JOB PARTICULARS
department :
position interested in :
reason :
employee who brought you here :
relationship with employee :
working hours available :

FOR DEPARTMENT TEAM LEADER (if hired)
circle one : intern | part-timer | full-timer
department :
job position :
reason for hire :
working days :
working time :
first job experience :
location of department :
location of office of new hire :

i filled in the particulars after getting help from sicheng hyung for the second section. i handed the clipboard back to mr kim as he examined it carefully. after a short while, he looked back at me.

"family contact? and your education is... high... school?" he asked, looking at me with his eyebrows raised. i rubbed the back of my neck with my hand, replying, "i don't have anymore family, and i dropped out halfway, i didn't have enough money." he nodded and said, "oh... i'm sorry... jisung-ssi," after looking for my name on the board. i didn't expect him to be this nice with my education to be honest. no one would want to hire a dropout like me.

"martial arts? like fighting?" he asked. finally realising that he meant my skills, i nodded, "taught by my grandpa when i was young. until he passed away." i smiled softly.

"that means you must be strong. that's good." he thought for awhile, "okay, we could use someone like you here. you're hired." he smiled as he put out his hand. i smiled brightly, not hesitating to shake his hand. sicheng patted my back and smiled.

-
sorry for the long wait😬