Chapter 8

The cop took off your mask, revealing yourself to everyone.

T'Challas eyes widen as his eyebrows lift up.

How did he not know it was you?

You ran to save T'Chaka... he should've known it was you.

You look down as the cops pick you up and put cuffs on you. After a few hours, you ended up in Berlin, in a police convoy.

Bucky was in a prison pod with restraints upon restraints surrounding him. You sat by Steve and across from you was T'Challa and Sam.

"So you like cats?" Sam asks.

"Sam," Steve says.

"Dude," You say as you shake your head.

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat and
you don't wanna know more?" Sam gives an explanation.

"Could've asked more nicely. He is a king," you mutter the last parts.

Sam sends you a 'really?' look. You shrug as Steve takes over.

"Your suit... it's Vibranium?" He asks to the quiet king. T'Challas eyes narrow as he glances at you, then outside.

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you... as both warrior and king... how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" T'Challa replies as he tilts his head towards Steve.

"Did Buck seem hostile to you?" You ask T'Challa as you lean forward.

"Not now Y/n," Steve mutters, you ignore.

"He wasn't trying to kill anyone. He was protecting himself and me, from people who were attacking him. Why would he even think about killing your father? Personal benefit? Money? Give me a reason why he would do that-," "Because he's a weapon made by HYDRA," T'Challa cuts you off.

You lean further forward, making the guards flinch a bit.

"So am I," You whisper as you lean back.

T'Challa gave you a cold, unforgiving look for the rest of the ride as Steve just elbowed you, hard.

Sam was nodding, approvingly.
Time Skip-

Once the truck parked underground in who knows where, they let you out.

They took your cuffs off and pushed you out. You fell on your knees because of your large wound.

"Can you push any harder?" You ask sarcastically to the guard.

He brings up his hand to slap you, you smirk.

As he brings his hand down towards you, you roll under the attack and kick his stomach as hard as you could.

He gets pushed back into the truck, where they were taking Bucky out.

Two more guards came and grabbed you, Steve told them to let go and if they didn't you were going to beat they're ass.

They slowly took their grip off of you, scared of making you mad. You ripped your arm out of their grip, harshly.

"Don't push me," you growl as you look at the man lying beside the truck.

"That was quite a show whiplash," Sharon Carter says to the right of you.

You sigh and calm down a s Steve walks beside you towards her.

"Don't push me, I won't push back," you say as you walk towards her, with a slight limp. You glance at Bucky, who was being moved by a forklift.

"What's going to happen to him?" You ask with compassion.

"Same thing that ought to happen to the three of you. Psychological evaluation and extradition," the man beside Sharon says. You raise a brow.

"Who are you?" You ask as Steve elbows you.

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander," Sharon says with a warning look.

"What about our lawyer?" Steve asks as he looks at the shorter man.

"Lawyer. That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup. Oh, we'll write you a receipt," Everett snorts.

You send a hard glare at him.

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that," Sam says as he points at his wings in a box, along with Steve's shield and your mask.

You break your glare and giggle a bit. Everett starts walking away, with the guards telling you to follow him. You turn around and place at Bucky, his eyes were full of hurt.

You sent him a sad smile as the large gates closed behind you. Once you reached the skywalk, Everett continued.

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favour, stay in it?" Everett pleads as he leads the small team of guards, three avengers, and black panther.

"I don't intend on going anywhere," T'Challa says as he walks beside Steve, now in a suit and tie attire.

"I don't like him," you mutter to Steve.

"I heard that Miss Rogers!" He yells back, making you laugh a bit.

Then it finally dawned on you, Bucky... why did he protect you?

You pause and glance at Steve, who was keeping up at a decent pace.

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like," Nat says as she pulls back and walks beside you.

"He's alive," Steve says as Everett lead you all into a large, glass office, where of course Tony was.

"No. Romania was not Accords-sanctioned. And, Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup," Tony speaks into the expensive phone.

"Try not to break anything while we fix this, especially you speedy," she says as she kisses your cheek.

You roll your eyes and side hug her. She was like a sister to you, so close... like family.

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that 'cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir," Tony finishes and hangs up the phone.

"'Consequences?'" You ask with an eye roll.

"Secretary Ross wants you three prosecuted. Had to give him something," Tony says.

"I'm not getting that shield back am I?" Steve asks with a bit of sadness.

"Technically, it's the government's property. Wings, too," Nat says as she goes and stands by Everett.

"That's cold," Sam says as he glances at you.

"Warmer than jail," Tony says with a shrug. You roll your eyes and shoulder check him as you walk towards a rolley chair.

"Oh come on Y/n, can you forgive me?" Tony asks as he sits beside you. You were silent for a second.

"You can't hate your favorite uncle," Tony says as he opens his arms. You can't help but roll your eyes playfully and fall into his open arms.

"There we go, there's me sweet Y/n..."
<<<•••>>>
1080 word count. Until the next chapter my hero's😘😘 -Kay😜