Chapter 16

"Uhh, one," Tony says confused. As you walk further into the chamber, the lights flicker on.

A yellow mist flows out of the capsules, that were broken into. You notice all the other super soldiers that were put on ice in 1991.

Your eyebrows furrowed as the four of you glanced at each of them.

"If it's any comfort, they died in their sleep. Did you really think I wanted more of you?" The psychologist from before asked over the speaker.

You found out his name was Helmut Zemo, he lost his family in Sokovia. He wanted revenge on the Avengers.

"What the hell," Bucky says as he looks at Josef, the 'leader' of the soldiers, who had a bullet in the middle of his skull.

"I'm grateful to them, though. They brought you here," Zemo says as he appears in a window above.

Steve threw his shield at the window, but it didn't even crack.

"Please, Captain. The Soviets built this chamber to withstand the launch blast of UR-100 rockets," Zemo says with a chuckle.

"I'm betting I can beat that," Tony says, you hear his suit powering up.

"Oh, I'm sure you could, Mr. Stark. Given time. But then you'd never know why you came," Zemo says through the speaker yet again.

"So you killed innocent people just to drag us over to this dump?" You ask with anger.

Some glint of light hit your eyes as you glanced over to a corner. You see T'Challa standing there in the shadows.

He put a finger up to his masks mouth, saying to be quiet. You nodded subtly as Zemo continued.

"I thought about nothing else for over a year. I studied you. I followed you. But now that you're standing here, I just realized... there's a bit of green in the blue of your eyes. How nice to find a flaw," Zemo says as he looks intently at Steve. You snicker.

"*tt* Stalker," You whisper with a scoff. Tony elbowed you slightly.

"Your Sokovian. Is that what this is about?" Steve asks as he looks at Zemo.

"Sokovia was a failed state long before you blew it to hell. No. I'm here because I made a promise," the strange man says.

"You lost someone. You lost your wife and child didn't you?" You say as you step forwards. Zemo looks at you impressed.

"Very impressive Miss Rogers. I lost everyone. And so will you," Zemo says as a computer fork beside you flickers on.

The four of you surround the computer. The screen showed a secluded road and the date, December 16 1991. Tony's eyes rove, anxiously.

"An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again. But one which crumples from within? That's dead... forever," Zemo continues as Tony looks closer at the screen.

"I know that road. What is this?" Tony asks as the camera footage continues.

You knew what it was... it was the night Mr. and Mrs. Stark has died. You stepped away from the computer and waited for Tony to realize what was happening.

The camera showed when Bucky forever the car to crash. Tony stared intently as Bucky got off on his motorcycle as Mr.Stark lies on the ground.

"Please... help my wife," Howard begged this man he hasn't even seen yet. The Winter Soldier walked up and picked Howard up by his hair. Howard stares at Bucky for a moment.

"Sergeant Barnes?" Howard asks as you hear Mrs. Stark yell on the background.

"Howard!" She cries out. The Winter Solider, having no mercy, pounds Howard in the face.