Chapter 84

Shay's POV

It's been over an hour since I got here, and I still haven't been able to see Sasha. The doctors say that I should be able to go in and sit with her in about thirty minutes. I know I am driving the nursing staff crazy asking to see her every five minutes, but I really need to see her with my own eyes. Mar just got here and she comes over and gives me a big hug before asking "How is Sasha? Do we know what happened yet?" I look at her with pain in my eyes, not knowing exactly how to tell her that Sasha was taking drugs to lose weight... I start off with "She is still unconscious, but they said it's because her body needs the rest... They said she should make a full recovery once her body rests, and they get all the drugs out of her system." Mar looks at me confused and says "Drugs? What drugs?" I knew this part was going to be hard to explain, because I don't quite understand it yet myself.

I take a deep breath and say "Well, the doctors say she was suffering from an amphetamine overdose, low blood sugar, and sleep depravation... and she has a slight concussion from the fall." Marlene looks at me and says "Amphetamines? Like Crystal Meth? Is Sasha taking street drugs? I can't believe she would be taking drugs, that doesn't sound like our sweet Sasha." I say "No, not Meth, the doctors say it is most likely Adderall..." She says "Adderall? Ok, but why would she need Adderall?" Again, I am struggling to explain why Sasha would put her life at risk taking a medicine not prescribed for her. I say "Mar, she has been struggling with her weight lately, and although I don't have a problem with her gaining some weight, she has a very big problem with it... She has been dieting, and working out like crazy... she has not really been losing much, especially for how hard she has been trying. I really think there might be something wrong with her that is causing her to gain the weight." Mar pulls me in for a big hug, and says "Well whatever it is, we will find out... Don't worry honey, our little Sasha is going to be just fine."

The five of us sat in the waiting room for what seemed like an eternity before we heard a loud ruckus, and one of the nurses came and got us... I said "What's going on? What is all that yelling?" She says "I am so sorry, the media got wind of you all being here at the hospital, and they are reporting that one of you has been admitted to the hospital. They don't know who, only that one of the girls from PLL is in the hospital." Marlene says "Shit!!! Ok, girls... go with the nurse, and I will take care of the media circus." I say "Thank you Mar... I haven't even called Sasha's parents yet. I didn't know what to tell them, but if they find out from the TV, they are going to be so mad at me."  Marlene says "Don't worry honey, I won't tell them anything other than I will release a statement later today, and that they need to clear out of here before I call the police. I just don't want them seeing any of you, because if wouldn't take long to figure out that it is Sasha that's in the hospital. Let me take care of this, and I will come back and join you all... Nurse where are you taking them?" The nurse says "Well we really don't have much of a choice, so we are taking them all to Sasha's room... you can join them when you are finished, it's room 514"

Marlene's POV

The girls went with the nurse to Sasha's room, and I am going to go handle the media... How in the world did they figure out one of the girls was admitted to the hospital, geez they work fast. I walk though the hospital doors back outside to a mob of reporters and flashes in my face. I hear "What happened to Sasha? Why has she been admitted to the hospital? Is she pregnant? Is it true she is taking drugs?" I am completely shocked that they have this much information so fast... I say "Ok people, I am not going to answer any questions at this time, I have only come to tell you all to respect our privacy and back away from the hospital, or I will be forced to call the police and they will move you." I then hear "Why was Sasha taking Adderall?" I glare at the person that said it, and I recognized him as one of the people that was talking to the nurse when I came into the hospital. I quickly walked over to him and asked him to follow me... I got him over to the side by himself, and said "Listen, if you print any of this, I will make sure your little girlfriend the nurse looses her job for feeding you information... you got it?" He swallowed hard and said "Yeah I got it, but I have to report what I know, before anyone else does." I say "Keep this out of the press until we have had a chance to contact Sasha's parents... TV is no place for a parent to find out their child is in the hospital. I will give you an exclusive interview when we are ready, but you can't use anything you got from your girlfriend... understand?" He shakes his head yes, and I turn and walk back into the hospital to join the girls.