Better Days Are On Their Way

*Marshall's POV*

I walked into the room and saw Adore past out on the bed. Damn, she sure did like to sleep a lot.

*ring ring ring ring* My phone's ringer went off. I quickly left the room and went into the hallway to talk. I looked at the caller ID and saw that Paul was calling. Ugh.

"Hey." I said.

"Where the hell are you?" Wow. He didn't even greet me back. What a dick.

"Umm, I'm in Santa Barbara ... visiting Adore's mom." My foot began to randomly tap cause of anxiousness.

"Um, Marshall! Not sure if you forgot, but you still haven't finished the track list for the rest of the album! The deadline is in about a week. And after the album is finished, we still need to do the photo-shoot for it. I really don't think you have time to be on a vacation with your girlfriend." Paul lectured me in his sassy ass attitude. I shook my head in annoyance.

"Excuse me, she has a name." I scoffed. I could just imagine Paul rolling his eyes right when I said that.

"Excuse me. I don't think you have time to be honeymooning with Adore. You have things to do. You know how many people are expecting it to be out on November 5th ? It's already the end of July! We should've been wrapping this whole project up a long time ag-"

"Paul, I respect your opinion and all that shit, but I will have everything done by the due date next week. Don't worry, everything is going to be done on time." I hung up my phone. When I went back into the room, I saw Adore was laying on her backside with her eyes open. When I walked towards her, her eyes followed.

"Having trouble with your manager?" A little smile escaped her lips. I sat in the chair next to her. I eased my back.

"You heard that little discussion?"

She shrugged. "It kinda was hard not to listen."

"Did I wake you up?" I felt bad if I did wake her. My loud ass voice could wake up anybody a mile away.

"No, don't worry. I woke up on my own. What was your manager nagging you about? If you don't mind me asking." I liked how whenever she asked a question that could have a possible personal answer, she always ended it with "If you don't mind me asking." It just showed me that she is always considerate of other people's privacy.

"It was nothing personal. He's just on my back cause the deadline to finish the album is sometime next week. Then I have to attend this photo shoot for it later. We just have a bunch of shit planned for this album. Cause the last solo album I released was back in 2010." I said back to her.

"Ooh, a photo shoot." She swayed her shoulders and hips a little bit along with a smile coming out of her. "You totally have to do a cover for Play Girls." A huge cackle came out of her. I laughed a little too.

"Maybe I will! You know, I was thinking for the cover of the album, I'll be butt naked with a cowboy hat on and holding a whip while doing this face." I puckered my lips up, trying to look "sexy". Bursts of laughter came out the both of us. Ah, we had such stupid humor.

-----

* A few days later *

Adore and I laid on my king sized bed. Little Alex was sleeping in the room next to mine. Honestly, I was a little concerned about him being alone in the next room. My gut feeling told me he will be fine, but my fatherly instincts had me feeling a little over protective.

Adore had her head rested on my shoulder as I sat against the bed frame. For some reason, the same thought kept coming back to me. I had to tell Adore that I had to go back to Michigan so I can finish the album and just be back to my real home. I know this is going to be surprising coming from me, but I actually want her to come to Michigan with me and meet the girls, Nate, Ashley and their future little boy. I was just really nervous cause I didn't know what she will say. If she goes with me, she and Alex will be moving to a completely new state and leave all her friends and family behind. A tiny part of me didn't want to leave my Los Angeles home, well cause this was Adore's home too.

I know, "Oh my god, Eminem trusts a girl!?" Well, yes I do. There is something about Adore. Something about her made me know from the minute I met her, she isn't a gold digger. She isn't fake. And she sure as hell ain't with me for the fame cause whenever a paparazzi comes up to her, she never poses for them or answers their ridiculous questions. Instead, she flips them off, covers her face from time to time, or replies back to them in a smart ass way. Now, I have been around a lot of money-grabbing whores, none of them acted this way. Whenever a camera was around them, they wanted all the attention.

For example, I got serious with this chick, Kesia. She was this exotic and just bangin' Brazilian groupie. Anyways, things got serious after awhile and we dated for sixteen months. I thought she was something different, turns out she wasn't. I caught her snooping through my drawers one time and broke it off with her. Long after, a journalist somehow meets her and publishes this interview with her. She claimed I was bad in bed, very immature, and I toured too much, so she broke it off with me. Again, this was around 2000. So I was still a little naive.

"You know, I have to go back to Michigan very soon." I softly said to her.

"Yes." She let out a slight sigh.

"You know, you can come with me if you want. I would love it if you did. You and Alex can meet my daughters, visit a new state, and there's snow over there. I know you will be leaving your friends and family here. Trust me, I know. But..." My voice trailed off cause I wasn't sure if I should say it- oh fuck it. "...I don't think I could function normally without you and Alex. You guys make me happy and I haven't felt this way about another woman in years." God, it sounded like something outta a cheesy ass romance movie my daughters would watch, but it was the truth and I didn't know how else to word it.

As I looked into her eyes, I saw a tear slowly coming out, but then she smiled.

"Of course I'll go with you." That smile remained on her face even when she wiped the tear off. A smile bursted out of me too. Our lips met and slowly kissed.

I felt a great warmth inside of me.

-----

*A/N* OMG WHAAAT!?!? Yes that's right! Adore and Alex are going to Michigan with Marshall!! ❤️ Sorry I haven't updated in awhile I've been unexpectedly lazy and a little busy. Stay tuned for the next chapter ;)