two

I jumped awake, searching blindly in the dark for the reason of my disturbance. My phone's alarm wrung on, I hastily found it and shut it off with a low groan. I got dressed quickly, not bothering to look in the mirror until I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. The skin of my cheeks looked pale and grey. I sighed, hating to look as ghostly and tired as I felt. In a lame attempt to cover it up, I reached for my blush and put a thin layer over my cheeks and the tip of my nose. I blinked at my reflection, shrugged, and turned to get dressed quickly.

My car was my baby, perhaps the only material thing that truly made me happy. A silver baby Benz with black leather seats with custom baby blue diamond stitching. It was an older model, stripped down and refurbished to give it a newer look that was more accustomed to me. She was older, but she was my baby nonetheless. I jumped in and threw my bag in the passenger seat. I started her up, longing to hear her come to life, but unfortunately she remained still. I was slowly starting to realize that today was destined to be a bad, dreadful day.

"Oh, come on." I tried again to no avail. I sighed. She didn't do this often, but when she did it was a pain in the ass. I sat back in the seat and crossed my arms over my chest, considering skipping school all together, but then I remembered that my paper was due. I inwardly screamed. I pulled my phone out of my bag and opened up the messaging app.

To Daddy: car wont start :(((((

From Daddy: I'll take a look at it later.

To Daddy: so can i drive one of yours for today???🤗

His reply took longer than then previous ones, and I bit my lip as I waited.

From Daddy: ....You're going to miss the bus if you keep sitting around and textin 😎

I grimaced at my screen, cursing him in my head even though this response was expected-my family has grown to be territorial when it came to our cars. Sighing, I clicked off my phone and put it in the front pocket of my bag, but as I started to withdraw my hand, my fingers grazed upon something that I completely forgot was in my possession. I grabbed it and held it to my face to examine it

The white powder in the translucent mini poly bag seemed to glow like crystals in the early morning light. I pursed my lips as I looked at it, subconsciously already knowing my next move before it was even an active thought. I poured all the contents on the center console. Using my debit card, I cut it into 2 lines, and snorted it fast. I smiled as I instantly felt a wave of euphoria hit me. Though I hated any form of public transportation and I thought busses in particular were disgusting, at least I had a somewhat decent high to get me through it. There's nothing like pure white snow to turn a shitty day into a good one.

I pulled down my mirror, ridding my nose of excess powder and grabbed my bag. Already feeling too jittery to sit still, I got out of the car. I locked the door behind me as I walked slowly towards the bus stop. It was only 8:15 so I was the first one there. I played on my phone to pass the time.

"Oi!! Bunny." I turned to see a shirtless Harry looking like he just rolled out of bed. He scratched his head as he stared at me from across the street, eyes still squinted from sleep. He seemed to be taking out the trash. "What are you doing?!"

His voice was low, raspy, and filled with confusion as he called out to me. It almost made me giggle. I noticed that he had a lot of tattoos adorning his skin. All seemingly random, yet they complimented each other well. My eyes stopped at the ferns on his V lines; I pursed my lips. "This driveway is the bus stop. Surely, you've seen kids line up here every morning," I called back, just loud enough that he could hear me. Perhaps I was speaking too fast, but he seemed to understand anyway. He tilted his head at me for a moment, and with a flick of his chin, urged me to cross the street to talk to him. The move probably would've upset me any other time, but due to the drugs that were controlling my brain, I found the silent order rather attractive. With slightly widened eyes, I hurried across the street to talk to him as if he'd hypnotized me.