A New Roommate

HELLO EVERYBODY!! THIS IS PROBABLY THE FIRST OF ITS KIND, A MALE READER AS A SNAKE, WHO HAS THE POWER TO PROBABLY END THE WORLD... YEAH, BUT ANYWAY I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS AND ENJOY!!!!

RUBY'S POV

I was walking through Vale, looking a pet store. Though I had Zwei, I wanted some diversity. After a good 3-5 minutes, I found a pet store and walked in. I looked at the cats first, but I didn't want one, next I looked at the birds, most of them were a bit too noisy, so no bird. I then looked at the rodents, I didn't want one, b/c Blake might chase it. After looking at the rodents, I didn't bother with the fish, b/c Blake would also try to eat the fish anyway. My last option was reptiles, so I browsed the lizards first, none of didn't really catch my attention, but only a few did which were expensive! I looked at the turtles and tortoises, they were a bit smelly, knowing Weiss, she wouldn't want a second pet being smelly. The last of the reptiles were snakes... I didn't really like snakes, but I have to overcome my fear. I looked through all the glass tanks, each one having either a tiny snake, or a gigantic snake. I finally came to the end of the reptile section, and I sighed.

Ruby: "Geez, I was hoping to get a new pet today, but I guess I have to try again tomorrow..."

I was about to leave the reptile section, that was when I heard a bang on glass, I turned around to look down at the other end of the reptile section, and slowly turned around again, and heard another bang again. I looked around again, I looked down at the lower tanks. That's when I saw the most adorable ball python ever. I knew what I wanted to get. So I used my semblance to the nearest employee, and asked if he could help with the ball python.

Store Employee (1): "Sure thing! Let's go get you, your new pet!"

We walked over to the reptile section, and I pointed at the ball python that got my attention.

Ruby: "This one!"

Store Employee (1): "This one? Ah, I can tell you have a great taste for ball python, b/c you're in luck! This is *Pulls out Ball python* our last ball python on sale, but we're going to get more of them in a few days"

Ruby: "Question"

Store Employee (1): "I can answer"

Ruby: "What's with its colors? I'm only curious b/c, this is my first reptile."

Store Employee (1): "The reason with this ball python's coloring, is that he is color/pattern morph called a Leopard Butter"

Ruby: "Leopard Butter?"

Store Employee (1): "Yes, it's mix between a Leopard morph and a Butter morph. This is the result of the two morphs breeding."

Ruby: "Ok, now what am I going to need to house it?"

Store Employee (1): "Well you are going to need a small-medium sized terrarium, along with two heat lamps, one for day hours, the other for night hours. Then you can probably get away with using paper towels for the sub straight, but it would be preferable to use the store's ball python sub straight. For nutrition, a water bowl for his hydration, and for his size, you would need to feed him pinkies."

Ruby: "Wait, what are pinkies?"

Store Employee (1): "Pinkies are euthanized day-old baby mice"

Ruby: "O-ok"

Store Employee (1): "Hey, I know it's kind of wrong, but it was the only way we could think for a safe feeding. Along with that, we do have a subscription option for reptile owners, which allows the owners to have the food for their scale babies shipped to their home or apartment. We also send a booklet of reptiles based on the reptile or reptiles you own. So people who have the subscription, can either pre-order the reptile that they really want, or have the chance to plan ahead and buy it when it goes on a great price."