A Nighttime Curiosity

Chapter 2:

                   Keeping Secrets:
The next morning Cream woke up on the bed in her bedroom and rushed downstairs for breakfast and ate some cereal before running back upstairs to get herself dressed, her mother noticed that her young child was in a hurry for some reason but decided to not say anything for now but still keep an eye on her.....
Cream started walking towards the forest where she was picked up and  carried to that nice looking tree. She was looking for her new friend Dark who was watching her from behind a large boulder before he came out of hiding. "Oh hi, I didn't know you were behind there." Said Cream. "I have to admit that I'm a little nervous I usually don't get enough time to talk to people before I get stuck back in Sonic's mind again..." "But aren't you free now?" "Yes for now, but if I'm found by his friends they might try to get me back in there and I don't want to be trapped anymore." Dark said in sadness. Cream felt sorry for him and hugged him. "Huh?" Said Dark feeling a bit surprised and confused. "I thought this might make you feel better" said Cream. Dark carefully hugged her back. "Thanks, no one has ever given me one of these before, most people usually run off scared but I don't mean to make them afraid though." A while later Dark and Cream were making things out of grass like woven baskets with fruits and vegetables whilst sitting at the top of the willow tree. "You're really good at making things." "Thanks but I'm not sure about telling anyone else about my weaving hobby though..." "why not?" "Others may laugh at me or give me a hard time." "Well I'm sure Sonic and his friends won't make fun of you and would just tell you to be proud of your talents and who you are." "But what if they are afraid of me?, I wouldn't want to walk into Sonic's house or Tail's workshop only to have them all scream and run in fear of me I'd feel terrible if that happened..." Meanwhile Sonic and Tails were looking for Cream and they had searched just about everywhere except for the old forest that was just a short walk from Cream's house. "Do you think Cream is okay?" Asked Tails. "I know she'll be fine, I can just feel it." Said Sonic. They then decided to search in the forest for their friend. Meanwhile back at the willow tree Dark's ears twitched because he could hear Sonic and Tails heading towards them. "We might need to hide somewhere, I'm not ready to show my hobbies and talents just yet." "That's ok you tell them when you're ready but don't be afraid to let them know." So Dark gently picked up his little friend and the woven things and gave them to Cream to hold then flew off so Sonic and Tails wouldn't find them at the place Dark felt was very special to him. However they gathered the things they made in a bit of a hurry and didn't realize that they'd left a small woven grass apple behind.
It didn't take long for Sonic to spot the old willow tree whilst he was searching around the area so he decided to investigate. "What is this place?" Sonic quietly asked to himself as he went in for a closer look. He
walked towards the tree being careful not to step on any of the flowers that were in bloom surrounding the outside of the tree. After he got past the flowers he carefully climbed up the tree and noticed that it's top branches had grown like a flat surface and the ones above those looked like a  shade arch or round rooftop. Sonic looked around feeling both curious and amazed at what he was seeing. Sonic then noticed something under a small pile of leaves and picked it up to look at it. "A woven apple?, could this be where they were?" Sonic then noticed a small bit of writing that had been written on one of the branches and it said: "A special place for my friends and I." "Did Dark make this?" "Woah..." said Sonic who was really intrigued and amazed by his dark form's talented work. "I think I'll tell  Tails and the others what I've found out." An hour later...
"Wow that's so cool." Said Amy as she held the woven fruit under a magnifying glass to get a really good look at it. "Who made it?" Asked Knuckles. "Actually, I think Dark might have made this while he was with Cream and I found where they may have been aswell." "Should we go check it out?" Asked Tails who was looking at the apple in amazement too. So Sonic Tails, Knuckles and Amy all went to have a look and were really surprised at what they saw...

Writer's comment: I think everyone should be proud of their talents or their hobbies and not hide them from others. Just because one person laughs at you or gives you a hard time doesn't mean that everybody will.
There are a lot more good and kind people on this earth than there are bad eggs. And I hope one day we'll all be able to understand that it's ok to be different. Nobody has to change who they are just to please others and I hope this story will be like a powerfull and positive message for those who are in need of a little confidence in themselves.

Bye for now. ❤💙💚💛🧡💜💖🖤🌺