Chapter Four

After severely ignoring the urge to kiss that ridiculously cute, confused boy, I explain everything of what occurred.

"... I don't have any memory of any of that Elias, just waking up on the ground in pain."

Brushing hair out of his eyes, he looked so adorable and vulnerable, "For some unexplained reason, I believe you Sam."

He sighs and leans his head against my shoulder and looks up at me, "Thank the Gods, because I really have no explanation for anything right now. I didn't think life could even get any more creepy after yesterday."

"Oh I think we have much more in store for us, it seems there is something else in the universe deciding to make itself known."

I shake my head, wondering where that came from, and smile at Sam to hide my uneasiness. Whatever is happening, or this "it" is, I don't have any good feelings towards it.

~Sam's POV~

Touching my temple, I wince in pain. Trying to image the events that had transpired based off Elias's explanation, and I can only imagine what and how he feels right now. A feeling of disgust and self-hatred rushes through me.

Why is he comforting me? I'm the one who put him through all of it and I don't even remember a lick of it. I should be comforting him. I can't bring myself though to change it, to comfort him instead.

~Elias's POV~

A booming voice sounds in my head, "Xolgrixaun, I know you're in that body. Why have you not killed that traitor, Alrunnauch, yet?"

I try opening my mouth, nothing coming out but instead, my thoughts seeming to travel from me to the other voice, "Who are you? Who is Xolgrixaun, or Alrunnauch?"

"I see... Xolgrixaun, you haven't gained control over this boy yet. Interesting."

The beast reappears, crashing through the trees into the clearing, a small silhouette on it's back. The voice disappears as well, and I can manage a scream out to Sam to start running.

Breaking through the small brush, we scramble from the small clearing barely keeping ahead of the beast and rider. The sounds of trees cracking behind us push us further on.

"Elias!" Sam screams out as he falls to the ground, face planting in the dirt.

I sprint back to him, yanking him up off the ground and pushing him in the direction we were headed. We come to a cliff, our feet skidding as we come to a halt, dirt crumbling down the side of it.

We turn towards the beast as it roars and looms before us.

"Welp, Sam, come here and hug me."

"What? Now? Why? We have to get away somehow, there isn't time for a hug!"

"Just... trust me on this one Sam."

Sam embraces me, muttering about the silliness and impracticality of it all as I wrap my arms around him and tuck him into my body. As the rider slides down the side of the beast, and hit the ground, I take a step backwards and begin the tumble down the cliff, keeping Sam as close to my body as possible. I hear an indignant cry of Elias from Sam as we go down.

Hitting the bottom, I release my grip on Sam, and he stands up staring down at me.

"What the actual, bloody hell, Satan spawned kind of idea was that Elias?" screams Sam.

I gingerly stand up, wincing in pain, "Well, there was only one way to go, and it was down."

Sam turns away, "hmph, I still am not appreciative of the no warning, tumble down hell you just put me through."

"Well hey! At least they aren't following us down here, and I think I can hear cars nearby, Sam!"

I come up behind Sam, and punch him lightly in the shoulder, "Let's get goin back to civilization, I've had enough of these woods."

"Yea, yea whatever. Let's go."

We take off in the direction of the vehicles, coming upon a creek. Smiling, I cup my hands, and splash Sam with some of the water and then taking a quick sip of the water, wetting my dry lips and mouth.

"We might survive this nightmare after all Sam, the Gods may be smiling upon us finally."

"Pfttt, yea right Elias. They've abandoned us, at this point it's just luck and the universe screwing with us." Sighing, he takes a sip of water himself and continues, "Let's try to make it all the way before nightfall. I don't want to spend another night out here."