Prologue- The start of the day

Ring ring! The alarm clock went off. It was seven in the morning which meant that it was the beginning of the day for Asuna Yuuki. Facing the wall, Asuna opened her tired eyes. She turned off her air-condition since she felt a little numb. Her summer break was finally over, and that made Asuna feel quite relieved. She was sick and tired of staying at home most of the time as her group of friends traveled around the country to visit their family members. Sophomore Asuna sat up and rubbed her eyes to make her wake up. She smiled, happy to go back to her morning routine. She was taught to wake up early as it was a good habit, and she had no problem with that.
After finishing her morning routine, she went downstairs to see if her mom, Kyouko Yuuki, was there. In fact, she was eating french toast with maple and chocolate syrup, followed by some berries. Asuna always liked starting her morning with that. Her mom, as usual, was reading the newspaper.
"Good morning, mom." Asuna greeted
"Good morning, Asuna. Have you heard? There's going to be a new student coming to your school. I'm not sure if it's a girl or not... but do try to get to know him or her. It's nice having a lot of friends in school."
Surprised by what her mom said, she walked towards the dining table. She pulled the chair and sat on it, getting the knife and fork. She sliced a small piece and was satisfied that the same ingredients were used. She doesn't like change. Never did. She didn't want to waste time any longer, so she quickly ate her breakfast.

She was getting ready to wear her school attire when she got a phone call. Thankfully, it was from her best friend, Yuuki Konno. She quickly answered it since Yuuki was someone she trusted the most.
"Good morning, Asuna!" Yuuki said.
"Yuuki, good morning. How was your summer break?" Asuna replied.
"It was great! Thanks for asking. I visited my grandparents back in Kyoto. What about you?" Yuuki said, cheerfully. Asuna always liked her personality. It made her glad to be someone who's always optimistic.
"I didn't really go anywhere." Asuna sighed. She regretted not putting the effort to plan out anything for the break, but she made sure next time, she'll do it.
"Have you heard Asuna? A new kid's coming to school today."
"Yeah, I did. I'm kind of excited."
"Me too. We'll make a new friend!" Yuuki laughed.
Asuna couldn't help herself but laugh too. Yuuki never failed to make her feel special. She was grateful to have her as a friend. She checked the clock and realized that it was almost eight, and told Yuuki that she had to go.
She then changed her house clothes to her school uniform- a white button-down shirt underneath a navy blue jacket with a red ribbon tied on her collar, a navy blue skirt, white stockings, and black shoes. She prepared her school books and brought a storybook to read when it's lunchtime. She loved reading at the school balcony under the sun. She then left her house after saying goodbye to her mother.