Chapter 2- Lunch

Chapter 2- Lunch

Asuna walked up the stairs to the roof. It took her quite a while to reach the top but it was worth feeling the chilly breeze. Once she reached, she went to sit on her favorite spot and prepared her lunch. She took out her favorite book out too as she loves to read. Asuna didn't like having a heavy lunch, so she made her own grilled cheese sandwich.

Right before she was going to take a bite, she saw the sound of the doors opening. Footsteps were coming closer and saw a figure she knew. It was Kazuto- no, Kirito. She was startled by his presence that she nearly dropped her book. Kirito's back was facing her, and she noticed that he was feeling the breeze.

His hair was flowing and she couldn't help but be admired that he has such a perfect figure. Her cheeks went a little pink, but she tried to not make any sound in case Kirito might get frightened.
He turned around and was surprised to see Asuna sitting at the spot he wanted to seat.
"Asuna..."
"Kazu- Kirito... Hey."
"Hey. Do you mind if I sit with you?"
"I- Not at all!'

Asuna tried her best to not say anything weird and tried her best to continue reading her book. She noticed that Kirito wasn't planning to eat anything for lunch. It was starting to get awkward and so Asuna tried to bring up a topic for both of them to talk about.
"Aren't you doing to eat?"
"Asuna getting curious I see."
"Wh-what? No! It's just... you need to eat something or else you won't be able to concentrate during class. Here, you can have the rest of my sandwich."

She handed the half-eaten sandwich to Kirito and didn't care if she was blushing red. The fact that she was brave enough to do that to the new student made her proud. Kirito surprisingly took it, smiling.
"Thank you, Asuna. You are too kind."

He moved closer to her and while she was gazing into his eyes, he went and placed his soft lips on her forehead. Asuna was startled by what he did and knew that this wasn't right, but part of her wanted this to continue. I mean, it's just the forehead! She told herself.

A few seconds later he stopped and placed his head on her right shoulder. He told her that he will take a quick nap before going back to class. Asuna spent the rest of her lunch period with him while reading her book and she felt happy and special that she chose her instead of the other girls in the class.