Chapter 2: From The Darkness Comes Monsters

Pax POV

I've been out cold for a while now, maybe an hour or two? I don't know. A little while after I had gotten into the escape pod, it malfunctioned and crashed onto an unknown planet. The impact made the pod shake violently until I fell back and hit my the wall, rendering me unconscious.

Pax: My neck hurts like bloody hell.

I used my arms to lift me up and support my weight. I slowly stood up off the ground, my legs shaking. I stood there for a few seconds, to trying to compose myself. I looked around inside the pod, nearly everything was sparking or broken. I grabbed the door lock and pulled down in hopes of opening the door, but failed to do so.

Pax: Dammit, the door lock is broken.

I had to find another way out. I looked around the pod for anything useful. I heard the computer behind me charge into life.

Computer: Good evening, commander Redwood.

I looked at the computer as if it were Jesus.

Pax: Thank god, hopefully you can help me.

The computer beeped and projected holographic microphone infront of my face.

Computer: How may I assist you?

Pax: Can you unlock the door lock?

The machine made a clicking sound, followed by the sound of thuds and cranking inside of the door. My face lit up, but was instantly replaced  by a frown as the process stopped half-way through

Computer: Unable to unlock pod door.

I pressed one of the buttons on the computer. It projected an image of wires, circuits and the damage done to the lock. I clicked on some of the damaged parts, zooming in on them.

Pax: What's the damage?

Computer: Multiple circuits and lock compressors damaged.

I grunted in annoyance.

Pax: How bad is it?

Computer: Scanning.

A thin laser shot out of the computer and went over the door before disappearing.

Computer: Loading results.

The computer loaded while I waited.

Computer: Analysis complete; one lock compressor is dented, two lock compressors are destroyed.

Pax: Would I be able to repair it?

For a few seconds the hum of the computer stopped. Then hummed back into life.

Computer: Negative. Lock compressors are the gear that shifts the locks inside. With only one still active, it would not open. There is also no available parts to make new compressors.

I felt my fist curl up and slam itself into the wall beside me, making a dent in the metal. I slowly relaxed my hand before letting drop back to my side. Then I thought of something.

Pax: What about you? Could you fix it?

The computer made another hum before replying.

Computer: Negative. 

Pax: Is there any other way out?

Computer: Negative, all escape routes have been compromised. 

Pax: So that's it? nothing else?

I straightened my back against the wall then slid down to the ground. I looked around the ship for something, anything that would be able to help me, my eyes patrolled the room till they landed on the dent I made earlier.

Pax: Hmmm...

I started to think, then I came up with an idea.

Pax: Maybe that could work!

Computer: What could work?

Pax: Computer, would I be able to cut through the wall?

The computer shot out it's laser again and scanned the wall.

Computer: Affirmative.

Pax: Haha! yes.

Computer: Required tools for doing so would be to your left.

I turned my head and saw a draw-like thing pop out from the wall beside me. It had 2 items inside.

Pax: What are these?

Computer: Tools that will speed up the process of cutting through the wall.

I looked inside and saw what looked to be weapons.

Computer: Use the 'Ripper' inside the draw to speed up the process.

I reached inside and grabbed a Buzzsaw like tool.

Inside was also another weapon I could use, I reached inside and pulled it out aswell. 

Computer: That would be the SWS motorized pulse rifle.

Pax: Rifle? Why would I need that?

Computer: You are in unknown territory, it is best to carry what you can.

I simply shrugged.

I grabbed then rifle and put the ripper against the wall. Immediately after squeezing the trigger, the rotary blade burst into life, shredding the wall infront of it. I dragged the ripper in the shape of a rectangle. 

Pax: Jeez! This thing sure packs a punch.

Computer: It was used by miners to cut open rocks and ore.

When I had finished, the blade was slowing down. 

Computer: Please exercise caution, you are in unknown territory, please equip your weapons.

I nodded and grabbed my slug caster and attached it on my back, then I grabbed the pulse rifle and aimed the sights to the wall.

Pax: Ok, here goes nothing.

I kicked on the wall and watched the rectangular shape fall down. I saw outside was trees, grass, flowers and other plant life. And a big black monster that looked similar to a bear, with bone type armor covering it. 

That sound of the crashing metal caught it's attention. It faced me, it's glowing eyes piercing my soul. It let out a might roar.

Ursa Major: RAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Pax: What the -

word count: 904