Four Seasons

"No...! Don't...! Don't touch me!"

She opens her eyes hearing the panicked voice of her lover.

"L-Leave me alone...!!"

His voice reaches her ears a second time, and she jerks awake. This tone... she knows it all too well. It's full of fear and pain and agony.

Saeran is having a nightmare.

Again.

It's been almost six months since the fateful incident in Mint Eye and more than four months since they started living together. Saeran is slowly adapting to the outside world and she's been with him by his side in every step. It amazes her how extraordinary he is. So strong willed and determined, and mature. He knows what he wants now. He's not that indecisive boy anymore.

But that doesn't mean it's easy. Years of manipulation and brainwashing doesn't go away in mere days. Words that have been forcefully embedded in his very soul are not so easy to forget. But he fights it. He fights it with all his strength. Still, there are times when he relapses. Times when he momentarily forgets that he's free from his dark past now. Times when he thinks he's still trapped in that hell with no way out.

Times like this one.

She was really afraid the first time it happened. And when Saeran got back to his senses, he'd felt so terrible that he'd decided to sleep in a separate room from her. It took a lot of comforting and coaxing on her part to finally make him return. But then, it happened again. And again. And slowly Saeran was losing confidence in himself.

It hurt so much to see him suffer like that.

But she didn't give up, and she made sure he didn't give up either. It was hard for both of them. Saeran being afraid of hurting her, and she being afraid of him losing himself again.

But she kept on encouraging him.

You're so strong babe.

I know you can do it.

You'll never hurt me.

I love you so much...

Words after words she kept showering over him. Words she truly believed. Hoping her confidence in him will seep into his own heart too.

And it did work. He got back up and started fighting. For her. For them. He agreed to go on therapy. She accompanied him on every visit. Things began to get better. What used to be a relapse every two or three days has now reduced to every two or three weeks. And she'd just so so proud of him. Her stupidly adorable yet admiringly willful Saeran.

God... She loves him!

And so, she's prepared herself for moments like this. Why should he be the only one fighting? They're both in it together. It's only fair for her to do her part.

She hoists herself up using one elbow, then puts her other hand softly on his chest. His face is flushed, beads of sweat gathering on his forehead. He's breathing heavily, every gasp of air restless and pained.

"Ssshh... It's okay..." she coos. "I'm right here. No one's gonna hurt you."

He lashes out. His hand flings out to hit her, to push her away. But she was already expecting it. This is the reason Saeran refused to sleep with her in the beginning, afraid that he might accidentally hurt her in the middle of his nightmare. So she taught herself how to dodge his frantic attacks. It was tough at first, but she's getting better.