chapter one

[ Emma, the twins, and any other character in this book (unless stated otherwise) are 16-17 years old and are in their junior year of high school, living in LA ]

"What were the three major civilizations in mesoamerica?" Mr. Murphy announces to his 11th grade world history class. Every student in the room sat there lifelessly. No response from anyone.

"Nobody knows?" he takes a brief pause, his eyes scanning the room.

"Well, they would be," he begins as he turns his body to his white board, his voice growing slower and slower as he begins scribbling in blue expo, "Inca... Maya and... Aztec." He announces again, but this time one exhausted student in particular didn't hear; Ethan Dolan.

He sat there with his chin cupped in his left hand, ripple tapping his right fingers onto his desk. He was bored.

He never payed attention in history, yet today especially just wasn't his day. Maybe it was because he will still hung over on this Monday morning from partying all weekend, or maybe it was because he could see Emma Chamberlain's black laced bra through her white cropped top.

Ethan Dolan always had a slight thing for Emma. He didn't want to date her necessarily, he just wanted to bang her. Over and over again.

He found his mind dozing off as he imagined how she would respond to his touch. He wanted to please her. A smirk snuck across his lips as he watched her eyes direct toward his.

He winked at the now brunette girl, the dark hair that now made her even hotter from when she was blonde. But who was Ethan kidding, he's always thought she was hot.

Emma was captain of her schools cheerleading squad, which worked out greatly for the brown haired boy because he was captain of his football team. Both the most popular in school, yet, the thought of the two being the power couple of LAHS was never a thought that came across either of their minds.

Her face went red as she redirected her attention to the teacher. Ethan quickly flashed one last look towards her bra and then turned his head to Murphy, all as he licked his bottom lip.

Soon.

"This project is to be completed over February vacation, given to me next class which is the Monday after you come back two weeks from today. Let's discuss partners."

As soon as the word partners fell from Murphy's lips, Ethan's hazel eyes once again locked into Emma's blue. He and Emma never spoke, but there was something about her, maybe it was the way she smiled to her friend Lilly who was sitting next to her, or maybe it really was this black bra she had on, but today he found himself melting into her cold eyes from across the room harder than usual.

"Flores and Furtato, you two will be partners," he began. Ethan knew his stares were making Emma blush, so he of course continued looking at her. Studying how quickly she is to shrug off the sexual tension he had sparked between the two, "Wolfe and Dickinson."

She's harder than I thought she'd be.

"Chamberlain and Dolan." Mr. Murphy continued, Emma's head flicked up, eyes wide.

She looked at the bald headed teacher and quickly changed her direction to meet Ethan's hazel-green eyes. He redirected his sight onto her lips.

Maybe not.

——

"Today is the only day you can work on this assignment in class as I want you guys to discuss when you'll be meeting over break. I don't want to waste time on visuals in class when instead we could instead be discussing others topics. Now, go sit with your partner..."

then do it. | ethmaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें