chapter six

"What the fuck was that?" Emma asked as the smug boy returned back from the other room. He chuckled at her words as he put his jeans into the hamper by his door.

"What?" He flashed her a smile as he locked their eye contact. Emma's eyes widened as she scoffed, crossing her arms, still sitting up on Ethan's bed.

"You know what." She furrowed her brows, standing up.

"Sorry babygirl, but, that's the only way to ensure you'll listen to me next time." He said as he stepped closer and closer to her.

Ethan's body was now completely pressed against Emma's skin as he looked down at her.

"You think I was kidding when I said I was the one in charge?" He whispered in her ear. Emma felt her cheeks get hot.

Emma used her hands to lift Ethan's head up from her neck. As she moved him, he lifted his arms from behind his back to the sides of him in the air, in defense, "sorry 'bout it." He chuckled. Right when he was about to walk away, Emma gripped onto his wrists and pushed him hard against his wall.

"You think you can control me?" She scoffed, locking eye contact. Ethan bit his lip.

"Of course I can, princess."

"Shut up," she yelled sharply, letting loose of her grip on his arms, "after that, there won't be a next time."

Once Emma turned around to gather her belongings, Ethan twisted her back around to face him, picking her up from beneath her ass, which was still only covered with her underwear from minutes before.

Ethan walked over to his bed, throwing the two on there not letting go of his grip on Emma's thighs, "You're not going anywhere," He said as he kissed her jaw, breathing heavily against her skin, "nor are we done here."

"Yes we are, Ethan." She fought back hesitantly. Part of her wanted to let him keep going, but another part of her knew she had to go back to her ways that charmed him in the first place, "we have a project to work on."

The boy then moved his head from her now bruised up jaw, lined with hickeys all dark enough to be there, but light enough to be covered with makeup. He placed his head right on top of hers, top lips brushing.

"What are you doing to me, babygirl?" He asked again with the same sincerity as before at school. Emma still didn't understand, but didn't find it necessary to ask right now.

Ethan pulled in for a kiss, but Emma lifted one of her fingers to her lips, dividing the two.

"Not yet." She smiled.

"Okay, so, we can do either a poster or a google slides presentation." Emma began as the two were seated on Ethan's bed, facing each other with textbooks, binders and their MacBooks separating the two. "I'd much prefer doing it digitally—"

"Yeah, slides works." Ethan cut her off. Emma had been so trapped in her World History textbook that she hadn't even realized two hours of studying and note taking had passed. Ethan was bored, and Emma could tell. She looked up at the boy as he lazily collapsed forward over his notebook.

"Ethan.." She sighed, closing her mac halfway, placing it beside her. She flipped onto her stomach. She had changed into a pair of Ethan's black joggers earlier. She eyed him with an innocent smile, "come on we only have to write about Inca's economy, and then we've finished the notes for one civilization..."

The boy moved the rest of their belongings next to him as Emma spoke. Nothing but air separating the two now. He crawled over to her lazily.

"I'm bored." He began as Emma flipped to her back. He planted soft kisses on her cheek as Emma laughed.

"Ethan," she inhaled sharply, "we don't have that much more work to do."

The boy's head sparked up, along with his entire body, moving his feet to the floor.

"Then let's take a break," he forced, making his way to his door, "I'm hungry."

Emma rolled her eyes as Ethan scurried down his stairs, Emma following him shortly after. Emma returning back into the Dolan's kitchen a while after Ethan had. That's when the she realized the two were no longer alone.

"Never thought I'd see the day where the Emma Chamberlain was in my house!" Grayson faked gasped as she made her way to their marble table.

"Wow! So funny! I can't stop laughing." She scoffed as she took a seat next to him.

Emma and Grayson weren't necessarily friends; nobody really knew what they were. Grayson enjoyed teasing Emma and Emma went along with it because she's always thought he was adorable. Never in a crush sort of way, though. Her feelings towards Grayson were strictly platonic.

Grayson giggled at the girl's response. Grayson always got washed up around Emma because he's always been very aware of how pretty she is, but he didn't want to be with her. Somewhat because he knew they would never work, but mainly because he had too many friends that were into her for him to interfere. He would feel too guilty.

"What are you doing here?" The smiling boy asked as he popped a grape into his mouth.

"The project for Murphy's class. Thought we'd start it early." Emma grabbed herself a handful of grapes, eating them one by one.

"Who said you can snack on my grapes?" Grayson gasps, as he jokingly throws two at her head.

"Sorry! Ethan didn't give me anything to eat." The girl joked in protest. She leaned in to Grayson, "your brothers a sucky hostess." She whispered, loud enough for Ethan to hear.

"Yeah, alright. Hop off my brother, will you?" Ethan scoffed as he pushed Graysons shoulder back from her. Their faces were inching and as their skin got closer, Ethan's blood got hotter.

The truth is, Ethan's been in too many situations where girls will leave him for his brother. Usually he didn't really care.

But there's something about Emma that just makes him feel everything.

It's almost as if he actually liked her.

«»

75 votes + 50 comments for next chapter!
new chapter should be posted within two weeks of hitting the goal! <3

word count: 1094

Thought I'd let everyone know that I am indeed in love with Grayson Dolan and as soon as this book is finished I want to make a book about Gray, but idk who to have him be with :(