chapter seven

"I don't know when it got this late, but I definitely should be going." Emma laughed as she checked the time on her phone.

"It's literally nine," Grayson teased as Emma gathered her belongings. Herself and the boys had stayed in the living room as they watched TV and talked about a bunch of random things.

"And by the time I get home it'll be 9:15, and by the time I get past my mothers bitching by the door..." Emma smiled as she made her way to the stairs, "it'll be 11."

She jumped up and made her way to Ethan's room as she stored her belongings in her bag. She heard breathing from behind her but didn't remember hearing steps on the stairs.

"Oh, my god! You scared me." She pouted as she turned around to see Ethan smiling innocently at her.

"Sorry, I forgot this was my room and wasn't allowed to be in it." He laughed as he hugged her tightly. Emma's bag dropped as she smiled into his shoulder.

"What was that for?" She blushed as he looked at her afterward.

"Can I not hug my babygirl?" He took his hands from around her neck and moved them down to her hips. Emma couldn't tell if he was trying to be sexual, or if that just came naturally to him. Either way, his touch sent sparks down her body as if he carried electricity through his veins.

"You really had to ruin the moment," she bent down to pick her bag up, and made her way past him to his door. He followed her.

"Goodnight, Emma." He smiled as he tucked a hair behind her ear.

She turned around to grab the handle. She had every intention of leaving the night at that, but she had to know.

"Why did you say that?"

"Say what?"

"You've asked me twice what I'm doing to you. What does that even mean?" She didn't mean to come off snarky, but in her attempts of trying to not sound too concerned made her sound bitchier than ever.

"You'll know when I want you to know." He smirked as he opened the door for her, leaning behind it, separating their bodies with the white painted wood.

"Well, I don't know anything." She shrugged. Ethan looked her up and down.

He bit his lip. "Just know you're mine."

"How can I be yours when I don't even know what game you're playing?" She grabbed the door handle and began to shut it, making Ethan's body fall forward.

"You know we're on the same team.." he smiles as he gets closer and closer to her, looking down on her as he now toward over.

"But what are the rules?" Emma whispered as their faces inched.

What are the rules was a genuine question that fell from Emma's lips. Were they friends with benefits? Were they a quick fuck? Were they tied to each other or could they sleep and flirt around.

"No rules." He whispered as his lips fell onto hers.

hi

i'm the worst ever

i do not update this book

i'm so sorry!

i'm gonna try to update y'all w another chapter rn

also fun fact: today is my birthday (may 26)