Chapter 1

Title- The Rescue

By- InuVampireChan

Genre- Romance

Pairing- KakaIru (Kakashi x Iruka)

Words- 10,657

Characters (no spaces) 47,626

Chapter 1

Tsunade had a difficult job, as was expected of someone of her position. But what made it even more difficult was when her subordinates didn’t want to listen. About a month ago the head of Konohagakure had set their most useful asset out on a three-man cell mission. Or… it was supposed to be a three-man cell mission. She had specifically ordered her Jounin to find two people he thought was suited for the mission, debrief them, and then depart. What the man failed to do was everything but depart, and who was that insubordinate man? Hatake Kakashi, Konoha’s Copy Nin and infamous for his thousand Justus’s. He was respectable, intelligent, gorgeous, a prodigy and genius—and he was also infuriating and pigheaded. All of that though, didn’t help her current problem that was sitting less then a few inches from her face on top of the paperwork she was tempted to force off onto her most prominent mission room attendee. One of the Copy Nin’s dogs Pakkun had stumbled into her office looking near death’s door and barking something about how Kakashi was in danger. Tsunade has quickly moved to heal the dog and asked him, somewhat calmly, to spill exactly what he was talking about.

It was then that she learned the reason why she was having less of a hard time finding the ninja she wanted, Kakashi had left with absolutely no backup but the summons that he used when things got bad. The idiot had thought that it being a simple assassination mission that he could handle it like any other job that wandered it’s way though his door. He was incredibly poorly mistaken and learned quickly that perhaps when Tsunade thought a mission could use backup it more then likely was smart to follow that order! The overly exhausted Hokage filled her empty cup with some Sake and drank it down before slamming the glass onto the table and turning her attention to the Anbu that was stationed quietly in the shadows. “Get me Genma Shiranui, Raido Namiashi and Iruka Umino now!” Kakashi needed help, he needed saving, and if two of her best Jounin and one of the most intelligent people in Konoha weren’t enough to save him… Tsunade didn’t know what she would do.

Tucked away behind his desk as his students worked furiously away at the papers he had given to them, Iruka Umino scribbled away on some paperwork while keeping a close eye out for any form of cheating that was more then likely to happen. None of them dared attempt it recently since during the last exam so much cheating had happened that Iruka just started throwing Kuni with the letter F engraved into it singling not only had they failed the test but they also failed completely at being stealthy. Honestly, did any of them even learn during his lessons?

Iruka had finished off another scroll when the distinct presences of someone was felt in his room, making the hairs on his neck stand up and his eyes instantly snap up in a search of the intruder in his classroom. At the very back of the room the haunting red and white masked stared directly into Iruka’s soul, making a shiver of fright and cold dread suddenly wash over him. Iruka’s eyes took in the mask it wore and the symbol that was etched into the masks forehead, Snake.  “Class, hand your papers in will finish the test tomorrow, you’re all dismissed for today.” None of them even waited to ask why, the papers were slammed onto his desk and they rushed out the door, leaving Iruka and the Anbu completely alone in a matter of seconds. Iruka stood from his desk and met the Anbu halfway across the room, a pleasant smile crossing his face. “Anbu-san, how can I help you?”

“The Hokage has requested your presences, Iruka-Sensei.” With the message delivered the Anbu bowed and fled, his assignment complete. Iruka blinked in slight confusion, not to sure what the Hokage could want from him so early in the morning. He was sure he hadn’t done anything that would require her to be upset. Rolling his shoulders Iruka returned to his desk and gathered up his things before vanishing from the classroom and heading the short distances to the Hokage tower. At least the academy was close to where he needed to go.