Chapter 2

Title- The Rescue

By- InuVampireChan

Genre- Romance

Pairing- KakaIru (Kakashi x Iruka)

Words- 10,657

Characters (no spaces) 47,626

Chapter 2

Konohagakure was in their autumn season so the weather was nice enough to travel the whole time. Iruka kept a steady pace with the two Jounin, the trip completely silent as they all tried to think of the best way to handle this sort of situation. If Kakashi was untraceable in the building Iruka already knew that the best course of action would be to split up, Genma and Raido would more then likely be able to handle themselves but what about Iruka? He had never been in a situation like this, he would more then likely be able to hold his own against a few people but if the numbers increased—he would be less then useful to Kakashi and the rest of them. He was underestimating himself, he wasn’t afraid, he was worried about failing his teammates and the person who was in dire need of some attention.

Pakkun stopped a few feet away from a clearing causing the three Shinobi to land next to him and behind him on available branches. Iruka looked to the pug before directly below them, blinking several times at the items on the ground. Jumping from the tree Iruka landed in the clearing below and knelt down, gathering up the discarded Leaf Hitai-ate and a backpack. “It’s Kakashi’s.” He stated to the men who joined him, glancing to Pakkun once who gave a nod to confirm Iruka’s thoughts. “They must have taken it from him when they kidnapped him.” His thoughts instantly moved to the Sharingan Iruka knew the headband covered, would Kakashi be alright having it uncovered? Iruka stood up and tied the others headband around his neck before handing the backpack to Genma who thought it best to bring nothing with him apparently. “Since this is the camp just beyond those trees has to be the building where they have Kakashi-sensei, I’ve given this some thought and considering Pakkun can neither smell or sense him I think our best course of action would be to split up.”

Iruka ignored the looks of disbelief he was given and continued before anyone else could speak. “The building his large, if we break off into teams the four of us can cover more ground. I would take Pakkun and Genma and Raido would go the other way.” Iruka turned to Genma and motioned from him to bring the bag back, when he did so the Chunin began to dig through it and retrieved a scroll instantly unrolling it and looking through the information Kakashi had gathered. “From the mans notes it appears he had learned using the Sharingan that this places has three floors and a basement.” Iruka returned the scroll to the bag and looked to his partners. “Pakkun and I can cover the first floor and basement. Genma, Raido, I think you two should take the upper floors. There I likely to be more people that way but the two of you should be able to handle it.”

Genma and Raido exchanged a look before the Senbon user turned back to Iruka. “Iruka don’t take this personally, but what are you and an injured dog going to do if you get into trouble? I know you can take care of yourself but if you get into trouble with to many opponents it could turn bad—quickly.”

“I already figured that, which is why I’m taking the direction that is more then likely to have less people.” Iruka answered and looked down to the pug, opening his arms for the small ninken. “It will be easier if I carry you.” Pakkun almost seemed to have an inner debate with himself about being held before reluctantly jumping into the Chunin’s arms. Iruka looked back to his friends and nodded before leaping off into the trees and splitting himself from the others. Iruka really hopped that this was the right thing to do, but he was confident in himself which was a good thing considering everything that he was about to do. His eyes scanned the building, taking note of all the doors and windows that could be used as an entrances. He concealed his own Chakra before leaping down and cautiously approaching the building, looking in through a window to a room that appeared to be empty. He didn’t sense any traps, not a single person appeared to be nearby either so as carefully and quietly as he could be Iruka lifted the window up and made his way inside.