Chap 1 "Background"

Faye's POV
I was walking up to the bookstore as the librarian close the door. "Hey, Gertrude," I smiled.
"A little late, today," Gertrude stated.
"I know," I nodded. "I was busy earlier today."
"Okay," Gertrude replied. She opened the door and let me in. "Exit the back and lock up for me, okay?"
"Of course," I replied. She closed the door and locked it behind me. I spent two hours there just reading books. I left through the back door and locked it. Before I knew it, a bag was put over my head. I struggled a bit, but I ended up getting knocked out. I woke up strapped to a chair. "Hello?" The bag was pulled off my head. "Oh, god. A little warning would help."
"Who are you?" asked the shorter guy.
"Excuse me?" I asked.
"Who are you?" he asked again. He threw water at me. "You're no demon."
"What?" I asked as I coughed on some of the water. "Of course, I'm not a demon." I looked at the two guys. "This is just wrong."
"Just answer the question," the taller guy asked. "Who are you?"
"My name's Faye Kayette McGarrett, I'm twenty-one," I replied.
"Why are you following us around?" the shorter guy asked. "Do you know who we are?"
"What are you talking about? I've never seen you guys in my entire life," I replied. "Everyone knows everybody in this town. I take it you guys are travelers."
"Why are you dressed like a hunter?" he asked.
"A what?" I asked.
"Maybe she doesn't know, Dean," the taller guy stated.
"I don't believe her, Sam," Dean stated.
"I'm right here," I rolled my eyes. They went to the other side of the room. I watched them as they argued about me. I managed to slip my right hand out of the chair. I got my left hand untied and I stood up. "You guys are seriously really bad at this." They pulled their gun on me. "Hey. I'm not the bad guy here."
"How'd you get out of the ropes?" Sam asked.
"Well, you know how you asked why I'm dressed like a hunter?" I asked. They looked at me. "Yeah, I'm a supernatural hunter, but I haven't been fighting that long."
"Seriously, how'd you get out of the ropes?" Dean asked as they put away their weapons.
"My dad is a former Navy SEAL and he's now a law enforcement officer," I stated as I crossed my arms. "Leave me alone, and we won't have any problems." I walked out and went back to my apartment. One of my roommates was passed out on the couch and the other was probably still at work or went home with some random guy. I went to my room as the doorbell rang. "What the hell?" I went and answered the door. "Are you following me?"
"Uhh," Dean let out.
"You know, it's called stalking," I stated. I let them in and closed the door. "What do you want?"
"We were wondering –" Dean cleared his throat. "Okay, well, it wasn't Dean's idea, but I was wondering if you'd like to help us on this case. It's a ghost."
"I'm not here for amateur hour," I replied as my phone rang. "I have to get this. It's my father." I picked up. "Hey, Daddy."
"Hey, sweetheart," Dad replied. "I am so sorry I wasn't able to make it to your graduation."
"It's graduation," I shrugged. "It's fine."
"Have you found a job?" Dad asked.
"I'm still looking," I sighed. "I really would like to come back home."
"Why don't you come back and have a job with Five-O for a while?" Dad asked. "Just till you find a job of your own."
"You want me back in Oahu, Dad?" I asked. "Mom not keeping you company?"
"About that," Dad sighed. "Your mother and I never really made it through."
"Dad," I stated.
"Your mom had other plans. We only stayed together for you," Dad responded. "Come back home and I'll put you to work. Still got your suitcase?"
"I never unpacked," I smiled.
"I'll see you at the airport," Dad sighed. "I just bought your ticket."
"See you in twelve hours," I hung up. I grabbed my suitcase from the closet. "You guys look like you've never seen an escape bag before."
"What about your furniture?" Dean asked.
"It's a crash pad," I nodded. "I looked for a furnished place to save money." My phone beeped. I plugged it into my roommate's printer and printed the plane ticket. "I'll see you guys around." I left them a note and hailed a taxi to the nearest airport. I got on a plane. The twelve-hour flight to Hawaii was tough. Especially with the layover in Denver. I got to the airport and saw my dad. "Dad." I ran up to him and gave me a hug. "Hey."
"Hey, sweetheart," Dad gave me a squeeze.
"And who's this sweet little guy?" I asked as I pet the dog.
"This is Eddie," Dad smiled. "He's a MWD that worked for the DEA. He got shot trying to protect his last owner."
"And?" I asked.
"I got attached and became his new owner," Dad nodded.
"Ah," I smiled. We got into Dad's truck and he drove us home. "Are you not coming inside?"
"I gotta get to the Palace," Dad sighed.
"How's Kono and Chin doing?" I asked. "I haven't visited in awhile and I miss them."
"Kono's case went federal and she's working the mainland with the FBI," Dad responded. "She even pulled in Chin's taskforce. Oh, yeah, Chin's working on San Francisco's Five-O's taskforce. He's leading them." I nodded knowing their career was growing. "So, it's just me, Danno, Grover, and our new hire, Tani Rey."
"Have fun," I nodded as I grabbed my suitcase from the truck's base. "Come on, Eddie."
"Keys to the Charger are on the hook," Dad drove off.
"Thanks," I smiled. I unlocked the door and opened it. Eddie went right in. I walked in and close the door behind me. As soon as I turned around, I was faced with a stranger. "Uhm, who are you?"
"Ma'am, I'm Junior Reigns," he replied. "Who are you?"
"Why are you in my dad's house?" I asked.
"Oh, you must be Faye, Steve's daughter, ma'am," he smiled. "Your dad offered me the guest room."
"Right," I stated.
"Your dad offered me the place to stay as long as I graduate the police academy," Junior nodded. "As soon as I do, I get a spot in Five-O, ma'am."
"That's impressive," I nodded.
"If you don't mind me asking, why come back to Oahu?" Junior asked.
"Family is here, and I graduated college. Dad offered me a spot in Five-O just until I find a job," I replied. "So, technically, I work with Five-O, just not getting paid for it." He crossed his arms. "Why are you jealous?"
"You didn't graduate from the police academy?" Junior asked.
"I did, but I went farther with my education and graduated with a profiling and criminal justice degree," I nodded. "Besides, my dad has been training me since I was able to walk." I looked at him. "I take it your fresh out of the Navy?"
"Yeah," Junior nodded.
"Look, I'm going to unpack," I pointed at my suitcase. "Once I do, you can either come with me or stay here."
"Do you wanna go get a coffee?" Junior asked.
"We just met, and I don't think it's wise to take your future boss's daughter out for a coffee," I smiled. Eddie pawed at my suitcase. "I never thought my dad would get a dog. He always said he was a cat guy." I pet Eddie. "Come on, boy." We went up to my room. It was just the way I left it, four years ago. I unpacked and followed Eddie downstairs in my jogging gear. "I'm going for a run. Wanna come?"
"Yes, ma'am," Junior nodded.
"Eddie," I smiled as I grabbed the leash. He walked up to me and I put the leash on him. "Good boy." I looked at Junior. "Let's go." We jogged side by side. "So, did my dad find you?"
"No, ma'am," Junior nodded. "I showed up on your dad's porch as soon as I got out."
"Okay, stop," I replied as we stopped. Junior looked at me. "Don't call me ma'am. You're making feel old."
"But the Navy has taught me manners, ma'am," Junior replied.
"Okay, but this is civilian life and I'm a civilian," I replied. "I'm no Navy. My dad maybe but I'm sure he told you to stop calling him sir."
"Indeed, he did," Junior nodded.
"Then stop calling me ma'am," I responded. We saw a car pull up to a building, no plates. "This is getting interesting." Four guys got out carrying empty duffels. "I'm calling my dad." I put my phone on speaker. "Please pick up."
"First day back and you're already needing me?" Dad asked.
"Dad, Junior and I are outside the Oahu S &L on Hauoli," I replied. "Relax. We're just out for a run with Eddie."
"Hey, sir," Junior stated. "Uhm, back to what Faye was saying. This may be nothing, but I see four guys entering with empty duffels. Looks like something's about to go down."
"Stay put," Dad stated. "I'm on my way, alright?"
"Yes, sir," Junior nodded.
"Sure, Dad," I smiled.
"Faye, I mean it," Dad replied. "Last time this happened, you almost got hurt."
"I will stay put this time," I sighed. I hung up. "Last time didn't go too well for me."
"That why you went to the mainland?" Junior asked.
"Two weeks before my high school graduation, Dad was out with Danno doing who knows what," I shrugged. "I saw a guy robbing a jewelry store. I called my dad. He told me to stay put and me being stubborn, that didn't happen. I somehow ended up in the store standing over the guy." Junior looked at me. "Dad came in and caught me off guard. I forgot to get the weapon far away from the guy. He tried to shoot up at me and ended hitting the ceiling instead. After that happened, Dad got on a plane with me and we went university scouting. Now I'm back." Dad pulled up in his truck. Him and Adam got out. "Hey, Adam."
"Faye," Adam hugged me.
"They still inside the bank?" Dad asked.
"Yeah," Junior nodded.
"Where's their car?" Dad asked.
"Over there," I gestured.
"Alright," Dad sighed as he handed me his holster. He put his gun behind him. "Keep a hold on that."
"Dad," I sighed. I handed him a pair of gloves and he smiled. "Always looking out for you." Dad went to the car. "I wondered how he survived the past four years without me."
"Him and Danno, the bickering couple," Adam nodded.
"Junior Reigns," Junior held out his hand.
"Adam Noshimuri," Adam shook Junior's hand.
"You're Kono's husband," Junior nodded.
"Yeah," Adam nodded.
"How's Kono's case?" I asked.
"She got another lead, so I came back," Adam replied. "Looks like I got some good timing too." Adam look off the leis and put them in the bed of the truck. Dad came back to us. "Anything good?"
"You got a cop's gut," Dad nodded. "Then again, you are my daughter."
"What's the situation?" I asked.
"There's at least eight hostages in the bank, they're all tied up," Dad sighed. I opened the bed and Eddie got inside. I closed it. "Doesn't look like any of them have been hurt. I'm gonna go in. You call Captain Grover, Junior. Tell him what's going on."
"Shouldn't we wait? I mean, they got their car there," Junior pointed. "Eventually they'll come out."
"Pretty sure it's safe to say that they're all armed in there, alright?" Dad nodded. "They come outside, they see cops, what happens?"
"More people get hurt," I sighed.
"Right, you got opened warfare in the street," Dad looked at me. "At least I know the education wasn't a waste. The only advantage that we have right now is that they don't know we're out here." Dad strapped a vest on me. "You stay safe."
"Dad," I crossed my arms.
"Am I the only one that finds this strange?" Adam asked. "Wouldn't you at least leave someone in the car, engine running?"
"Maybe they're new at this," Junior replied.
"Then they're even more dangerous," I sighed as Dad handed me a gun. Junior went to make the call as Dad and I geared up. Junior came back. "What did Grover say?"
"Captain Grover's on his way over with HPD," Junior stated.
"Good," Dad nodded. "They're our backup."
"So, we wait for them?" Adam asked.
"When have you ever known my dad to wait?" I asked.
"The longer we wait, the greater the risk of somebody inside getting hurt," Dad replied.
"Hooyah," Junior smiled. "So how do we breach."
"We don't do anything," Dad stated. "I'm the only one going in. You guys are waiting out here for backup."
"Dad, what the hell is this doing on me?" I asked.
"Yeah, but, sir, this –"
"Forget it, kid," Adam cut Junior off. "You're just wasting your breath."
"Hey, you just sounded like Danny Williams then," Dad pointed. "You know that?"
"Yeah, sorry about that," Adam nodded.
"If you walk in through those front doors, they're gonna see you coming," Junior pointed.
"Who said anything about going in the front doors?" Dad asked. We went to the garage and pulled open the doors. "What's the plan?"
"Wait for backup," Junior nodded.
"Keep an eye on him," Dad pointed.
"He's a grown adult," Adam defended.
"Yeah, he's a grown-ass Navy SEAL," Dad replied. "Faye, anything that isn't hostages or me, shoot it."
"You got it," I smiled. Dad went in. "Let's go." We went in. Dad looked at me. "Hey."
"Are you serious right now?" Dad asked.
"Sorry" I shrugged. Dad helped one hostage. We made our way down to the vault. I looked around. Adam came around the corner. "Anything?"
"They're gone," Adam nodded.
"If we didn't see them leave, where'd they go?" Junior asked.
"In there," Dad pointed at the vault. There was an explosion and everything went black. "Faye!" I couldn't see anything, but I could hear him. "Faye." I slowly opened my eyes and see my dad hovered over me. "Faye."
"Dad," I stated. He grabbed me and hugged me. "I'm fine." Junior and Adam got up. I got the vault opened. "One, two, three." I opened the door and we went inside. We found a hole. "They pre-dug a tunnel."
"You guys get topside and tell Grover I'm in pursuit," Dad nodded.
"I'm coming with you," I nodded.
"No, you're not," Dad looked at me. "I thought I just lost you. You're not following me, do you understand? Eddie does not need to lose us both." I sighed. "Find Jerry and have him track my cell."
"Fine," I sighed.
"Follow me above ground," Dad nodded. He kissed my forehead. "Be safe."
"Always," I smiled. We went topside. Adam made the call to Jerry. I drove the truck. Adam riding passenger and Junior in the backseat. Adam put the call on speaker. "Jerry, where now?"
"You're about to run out of road," Jerry stated.
"It's fine," I nodded. "We'll make one." I was driving. "I told you."
"You drive just like your dad," Adam stated.
"Thanks, you know who I get it from," I replied. We got coordinates and I got to the access point. I turned on the sirens and lights. "Now people will get out of the way." Junior got in the bed with Dad. I got Eddie in the car. I was speeding. Adam made the call. We got to the hospital and they got the officer. We followed him inside. Dad was not there. "Dad." He punched a wall and walked off. "Dad."
"Stop," Adam grabbed my arm.
"Let go of me," I pulled away. "Dad." I ran after him and saw him sitting out front. "Dad." I got in front of there and knelt. "Hey, it's okay, Dad."
"I didn't have a visual," Dad looked at me. "If I did, I wouldn't have shot."
"Dad, neither one of you identified yourselves," I replied. "You thought it was the robbers." I hugged him. "You didn't want me down there. That could've been me that was shot."
"Stop Faye," Dad pushed me off and walked away.
"Dad," I nodded. The rest of the team and I went to the Palace. I stayed in Dad's office, away from the case. I took off my vest. I saw a picture of the guy on the screen. I walked out of the office. "That's the officer from the scene."
"That's not a cop," Adam pointed. We heard gunshots firing from below. I looked out the window. "Let's get down there."
We ran downstairs. "Dad," I stated. He hugged me as the trunk of the car that flipped opened and all the cash fell out. "Look at that."
"That was easy," Junior smiled.
"Don't get used to it, kid," Grover nodded. "The bad guys don't usually come to us."
"Yeah," I nodded as Dad kept his hold on me. "Dad, I get it, okay? You're sorry for pushing me away."
"That's not what that's for," Dad sighed as he let go. "I just missed you so much these past four years. I almost forgot what it was like having you part-time on the force."
"Well, it's full-time now," I smiled. We went home and Eddie stayed by my side. "This isn't going to change, is it?"
"Once he's stuck, he's stuck," Dad nodded.
"Look at your new friend," Junior responded.
"I'm going to get some sleep," I nodded. "Eddie, you sleeping in my bed tonight?" He ran upstairs and went right into my room. "I take that as a yes."
"Tomorrow, we're going to go and by a new bed comforter set," Dad pointed. "I think you wanna change it."
"Yeah, I'm not the cheerleader anymore," I replied. I went upstairs and shut the door. I changed in my bathroom and got in bed. Eddie was at the foot of the bed. He looked at me. "What?" He gave me the doggy eyes. "Fine. Come on but stay on your side of the bed." Eddie let out a small bark and laid beside me. "Good night, Eddie."