Chapter Twenty Eight

"That probably wasn't the best idea!" I gasped as we ran down the halls.

"You are telling me!" Shouted Till back as he rand a few paces behind me. "You are stupid!"

We ran out through the door and immediately turned the corner so that we were in a very thin alleyway between the art block extension and the rest of the school building.

Our pursuers footsteps quickly fell far into the distance, their shouts following.

"Wow, they run really fast," I said, gasping as we both tried to catch out breath.

Till flicked me hard on the forehead, "Stupid!" He claimed.

I laughed.

That was fun.

"Do you think they'll be able to get the paint off?"

He snickered, or maybe I should call that a giggle because it didn't sound at all menacing. "I think not. I hope not. It will all be better if they cannot!"

Over the past few days I had dragged Till into my shenanigans, I had explained to him my reasons for want of revenge and he had heartily agreed. Till himself had so far not actually be recognised by anyone  during the pranks so he couldn't possibly be in any trouble but he himself reminded me on occasion that it was not necessary to hide him as he would be returning to Germany at the end of this year anyway and that the year was close to an end.

We sunk to our knees and did not move, breathing harshly.

"I didn't think they'd chase us so far." I groaned.

He smiled. "Good exercise."

I heard the rustling before I saw it and watched as Till opened up his lunch which was wrapped in two layers of tin foil and hand little packets of sauce next to it. Recently he had been coming in with a pack lunch that was clearly bought and I had been too shy to satisfy my curiosity on the subject.

So I joined him and pulled out my own bought lunch, actually, today my mom did make me lunch. I was pretty happy about that until I realised that it was literally just cream cheese and bread. She added a fizzy drink to the mix which would have been great if she hadn't accidentally given me an actual can of beer instead of a coke. The red Christmas decorations made it so that it was understandable that she mixed the two up but I still felt a bit pissed. I don't know. I don't like beer.

On my way to school I picked up a doner kebab from the local Arab fast food place and got a ginger beer with that. The food is always fresh from there so it had quickly become my favourite.

Way back when, since before I was even dating Kelin, I would save up all my money to pay for my life abroad. I had this fantastical idea that once I had my degree I would be out of here I would be on the road and I would never stop long enough for people to start to dislike me and that would be my life.

Only downside was that I needed a lot of money for that. So I saved. Now I was just using it like a rich man might, I didn't care about that anymore.

I finished my food quickly because I don't chew, I'm like a snake when it comes to food I just make sure it's dead and then swallow.

So I sat there and watched Till as he ate, sipping from my ginger beer, curious.

There was a lot about him that I didn't know about and I was very curious.

"Ask," He demanded quietly, between bites.

I frowned, boy knew what I was thinking.

"Why do you always buy takeout?"