s e v e n

A/N: are you serious I posted like twice this week and forgot to actually post on my actual update day I'm-

School had actually been pretty good for Charlotte. In fact, ever since Myles had came into her life she had been feeling happier.

Charlotte, Myles, and Ava would all sit together at lunch discussing everything. It had been one of the greatest months of her life.

That is, until the treatment started. It was horrible. Charlotte was deathly afraid of needles, and now she had to regularly feel doctors stick an IV in her arm!

Not only did she have to deal with the IV, but she was constantly feeling nauseous. Her hair hadn't started falling out yet, but James,  Grayson and Doctor Martinez had already explained that it was likely going to happen.

It had just taken such a toll on them, and everyone just wanted it to be over with.

Grayson and James would sometimes stay awake late at night talking. Just talking. It wouldn't even be about cancer, in fact it was everything except that.

"The kids are doing well in school. They have good friends," Grayson said, running his fingers though James' hair.

"That's good," James hummed, running his hands along Grayson's chest.

"Mhm," Grayson said, leaning forward and pressing his lips against James'.

James smiled into the kiss, humming contently. Grayson pulled away slowly, looked up at James. He cupped James' cheek, and smiled at him.

"I love you so much," Grayson sighed, pulling James closer to him.

"I love you too, Grayson," James said, the smile on his face never leaving.

In this moment of bliss, Grayson and James hadn't felt happier in a long time. However, all good things must come to an end.

Especially blissful moments like this, because apparently they can't seem to catch a break.