Chapter 4

Hermione took a quick bath and put on a button up red shirt and tucked it into a pair of jeans. She put on a pair of boots and pulled her hair into a messy bun. Just then someone knocked on the door.

"Come in" said Hermione

"Morning madame, my name is Rosa, I'm here to show you to the breakfast room" said the lady

"Oh thanks, let me just get my wand" she said as she grabbed her wand from the nightstand. Rosa led her to a bright room with an entire wall as a window which overlooked a serene blue lake and mountains in the distance. In the middle of the room was a big round table which had a wide assortment of breakfast foods on it. Around the table sat Rachel, Rolf and two others who I expected to be their parents.

"Good morning Hermione, come join us for breakfast" said Mrs. Scamander. Hermione took a seat next to Rachel as gracefully as she could muster.

"Thank you so much for your wonderful hospitality, I hope I'm not too much of a trouble for you" Hermione said

"No not at all! It's the least we can do for the woman who saved the Wizarding World" said Mr. Scamander. Hermione smiled as a servant served her food.

"So Hermione, do you want to join me after breakfast? I'm going to London" asked Rachel

"Sure! I'd love to!" Hermione said

Two hours later, Hermione and Rachel had apparated to downtown London and were chatting like they had known each other forever. 

"Do you wanna get something to eat?" Hermione asked. Rachel nodded eagerly. They had spent the last hour and half window shopping and telling each other about their life. Hermione learned that Rachel was training to be an Auror in MACUSA. They entered a small bustling cafe and sat down in the back.

"Do you know anyone form Hogwarts?" Hermione asked. She had learned that Rachel had went to Beauxbatons with her cousin instead of attending Hogwarts.

"I do know a few people" Rachel said. "I know Cecile McLaggen and Darcy Dartmouth"

"I used to see Cecile in the corridors sometimes, but we never really talked." Hermione replied

"Oh and how could I forget, Draco Malfoy, he's practically family." Rachel added

"Malfoy?" Hermione exclaimed

"Why do you not like him? I mean according to Rita Skeeter, he is the 'hottest bad boy in town', though he isn't really a bad boy anymore, is he?" Rachel said.

"Well let's just say he was a jerk and I am happy that I have not seen him in the last two years, even though he was a spy for the Order" Hermione said.

"Seems like you guys have some history" she added with a chuckle. "So, how are things now?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, we both told each other about our pasts, but what about our lives right now?"

"It's good, I guess. I mean my life is basically work, friend and parties, so it's fun" Hermione said halfheartedly

"Really?, you don't seem so sure about the fun part"

"Well, sometimes I just sort of feel overwhelmed. I mean everyone has these expectations that they set for me and sometimes fulfilling all of them just takes up all my energy." she said. "To everyone else, it seems like my life could not get any more perfect, I have a great job, I'm a famous war heroine and I have great friends....you know what, I should not be complaining, my life is great."

"It seems to me that while fulfilling everyone else's expectations, you just sort of lost yourself."

"No I...I know who I am...." she started. "Never mind, you're right. I don't know who Hermione Granger is anymore. I mean before I could say that reading was my passion, now I don't remember the last time I sat down and read a book." Hermione said. "I can't believe it. I don't know who I am." she added sounding more lost and heartbroken by the minute.

"Hey, it's alright" Rachel said. "Just cause you are a little lost doesn't mean you can't find your way again."

"but how?"

"Umm, you could start by going on a vacation alone, you know, maybe a week just to get to know yourself. Or better yet, you should move!"

"What?"

"You should leave! Move to another country! Start afresh!" Rachel said excitedly.

"But what about my friends, they need me..."

"Hermione, your entire life, yo have been looking after Ron and Harry like their older sister. I think it's time that you put yourself first. Besides, if you can't love yourself, how can you love others?" 

"I guess, it does sound tempting....." Hermione said to Rachel who responded with a big smile and a twinkle in her eye.