Chapter 5

Draco Malfoy was sitting in his penthouse watching the sun rise over New York City. It had been three months since Blasie and Pansy went back to London. The last three months were spent finalizing business deals, hanging out with work friends and reading. The last three months had been very peaceful for Draco. It was one of the first times in his life that he felt good, it was the first time that he felt content.

Suddenly a brown owl flew into through the open window and dropped a newspaper on the table in front of Draco. He opened it:

HERMIONE GRANGER: WAR HEROINE DISAPPEARED

Hermione Granger, Harry Potter's best friend and part of the Golden Trio has not been seen for three months in any part of Europe. Sources have confirmed that she quit her job in the Ministry without stating where she was transferring to. Is she still in Europe, just hiding from the press, is she living with the muggles, did she run away with Ryan Gosling?

Draco's heart skipped a beat, much to his dismay. No matter how hard he tried, Hermione Granger was just engraved into the back of his mind. Not a morning went by when he didn't wake up thinking about Granger. Not a night passed without her haunting his dreams. Not a day passed without him thinking about her. Draco sighed. As much as he hated to admit it, he was crazy in love with Granger, even after all these years......