Ch. 1

Emery up top ------------->

"I'll fucking kill you! I'll find out who you are M and kill you!" James Harris the leader of the fourth most powerful mafia in the world said as the feds arrest him. I smiled as I watch through one of the many computer screens miles and miles away from him.

I was a hacker, the best in fact. The mafia would pay me to get info about each other and I deliver it to them. I even help out the police from time to time when I feel like it.

My business with James was good until he tried to start a human trafficking business. That's where I draw the line. Once I found that out I dug up every illegal thing he and his crew were doing and sent it to the police.

Stretching I got up from my chair and leave my secret room. Looking out the window in the living room I notice that the sun has already gone down. Grabbing my phone, keys, and wallet I head out the door. I was in the mood for banana muffins and the coffee shop in town had the best muffins I've tasted. I might even stop by the liquor store to stock up on my way back. Locking the door I start walk to the coffee shop. Walking in it was a long line and I was willing to wait. Moving up some my phone started to ring.

"Hello"

"Hello my love how are you doing this fine evening" Miles said

"I'm doing fine so far. I'll be better once I get my banana muffins and a drink. How are you?"

"Good. I was wondering if you wanted to hangout sometime this week" moving up in the line I struggle to find my wallet in my purse. "Sure just give me a time and place" surprised he didn't say anything about me getting a drink. He gave me the information and we said our goodbyes and I was finally at the counter.

"Hey Emery" Tim greated me "the usual?"

"Yea but I want 10" don't judge me. Nodding his head he put in my order and took my card. Quickly bagging my muffins and handed me the bag. Smiling I thank him and head out the door.

"Finally" I open the bag and took a muffin out. Taking a bite of the muffin something bump into me causing me to drop it on the ground. "What the fuck!"

Looking around to kill- I mean find the culprit arms suddenly wrapped around me. Looking down to see a little girl with dark brown hair and eyes. She was crying and speaking so fast I couldn't understand her.

"Wait wait wait just calm down" pulling slightly away from her I try to calm her down. "What's wrong?" Before she could say anything two big men came up to us causing her to hug me even more tighter.

"Thank God you found my little sister."one of the men said "little sister?" I questioned when my shirt was being pulled. Looking down at the little girl she frantically shake her head. Looking back up at the guys the guy who talked shrug his shoulder then nod his head to someone behind me. Before I could do anything everything went black.

************

"Pl-please wake up" a small voice said.  Slowly I open my eyes to see the little girl crying. "You're awake" sitting up I wince at the pain in the back of my head.

"What's your name?" I ask

"Izabella"

"How old are you?"

"Six"

"My name is Emery" I tell her as I look around our surrounding. We were in a cold lit room with one door in the far right corner and no windows or cameras. It's weird how I didn't realize how cold it was in here until now. Feeling a poke on my side "Emmy I'm cold" Looking at her closely I notice she was shaking. Quickly I took off my short sleeve shirt and put it over her, then I sat her on my lap and hugged her sharing our body heat. "Sorry that it's short sleeve but It's summer time" she just nod her head and cuddle closer to me.