Shattered [M]

Sorry if it's taking so long to update... The story will end soon, enjoy the last few chapters ^_^ 

A few days passed…

Staying at home, Sana felt suffocated with her inner thoughts, especially regarding her last meeting with Chaeyoung. Luckily, this particular Saturday was breezy and warm out, perfect for Sana to take Yanan to the park. Her husband would’ve joined them but he’s currently in Japan for an emergency meeting with Mr. Minatozaki.

Yanan was beyond happy sliding down the slides, swinging on the swings and climbing the jungle gym . Sana stood on the side watching him. She smiled as she watched her only child laughing and enjoying himself.

Simultaneously, it’s as if destiny is forcing Sana and her ex to meet. The latter was jogging, wearing his black tracksuit and Nike shoes. Chaeyoung was so into the song he was listening to through his headphones, not till he spotted a familiar figure. He slowed his pace as he approached his ex.

Yanan was the first to notice Chaeyoung. “Teacher~” The little boy yelled as he ran towards Chaeyoung. Yanan wrapped his arms around Chaeyoung’s hips, hugging him tightly.

“Hey,” Chaeyoung patted Yanan’s back before carrying him. Chaeyoung stared at Sana who was more than annoyed to see him.

“Mom, let him spend the day with us.”

“Sweetie, Jason has a lot to do-“

“Actually... I am free today,” Chaeyoung cut her off, gaining an eye roll from his ex girlfriend.

Yanan cheered and hugged Chaeyoung tightly before he ran back to the swings. Chaeyoung stood awkwardly next to Sana. They both watched Yanan play alone until they caught him staring at a family at the other side of the playground. Each parent was holding an end of a jumping rope while their daughter was jumping and laughing.

Chaeyoung smiled and approached Yanan, squatting next to him with a smile etched on his face. “Do you want to try that?”

Yanan shook his head. “I don’t know how. I won’t be any good at it.”

“Fall down seven times, get up eight.” Chaeyoung pulled a jumping rope from his back pocket making Yanan gasp in excitement. “What does that mean?” He asked with a sparkle in his eyes. Chaeyoung ruffled the little boy’s hair and stood up. “It means you can succeed as long as you never give up. Even if you fail many times,” Chaeyoung said as he looked to Sana before handing her one of the grip handles of the rope. “Let’s do it,” Yanan yelled happily.

Sana wasn’t expecting such a thing to happen but she obliged anyway. She stepped back like Chaeyoung did. They both swung their arms in circles, moving the rope. Yanan yelped and watched the rope doing full circles.

“Jump in when you are ready,” Chaeyoung encouraged. Yanan hopped his way in but the rope got caught at his feet.

“I can’t do it!” He whined.

“You can do it, Yanan!” Chaeyoung yelled with enthusiasm. Sana watched Chaeyoung talk to Yanan warmly. The way her ex encourages the little boy and supports him makes her heart swell. And her son is super comfortable around Chaeyoung, which is pretty rare for the kid since he’s super shy.

Finally, Yanan gave it another shot and jumped back in. He cheered and laughed non-stop while jumping until he tripped and fell. He didn’t care. His only focus was on beating this jump rope. Sana kneeled and hugged him tightly before he shrugged her off and ran to hug his art instructor. “Thank you, teacher.”

Chaeyoung smiled and hugged him back. He looked at Sana, anticipating a word or a smile but she looked away and grabbed Yanan’s things. “Yanan, let’s go. Aren’t you hungry?”