TWO

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
.*・。CHAPTER TWO.*・。

——

Who would have known that Hiccup would show up to Dragon Training, two days later?

"Welcome to Dragon Training!"

Astrid let out a calm breath and nodded to herself once, leading the pack through the arena, "No turning back."

"I hope I get some serious burns." Tuffnut commented as though the idea was genuinely appealing, which made Vega frown from her spot at the back. She wasn't quite as enthralled by the arena as the rest of the group; her father had shown it to her when she was young, telling her all about her future. It was only a matter of time.

"I'm hoping for some mauling," Ruffnut snickered, pretending to claw at her back like an animal, "Like, on my shoulder or back."

"Yeah-" Snotlout grinned wickedly as he joined in the on the comments, "-it's only fun if you get a scar out of it."

"Yeah- no kidding, right?" A scrawny voice came from behind the group, causing each of the to turn in confusion. There was no way that Vega had spoken, let alone like that, which left only one person for it to be. "Pain. Love it."

Now at the front of the wolf pack, Vega swivelled on her foot and allowed her eyes to widen in slight surprise. She quickly changed this though and returned to her normal blank and mysterious expression, arms crossed over her chest as she took in the sight of Horrendous Hiccup making his way through the arena awkwardly. It was clear that he didn't want to be there, and she couldn't tell whether that was more down to the idea of killing a dragon, or being surrounding by the other teenagers from Berk. Both were rather dreadful.

"Oh, great." Snotlout sneered, raising a hand towards the boy as if no one else would see him otherwise. He narrowed his eyes and puffed air out of his nose, "Who let him in?"

Vega simply rolled her eyes at his comment and turned back to face Gobber the Belch, each of the group hesitantly following in suit. She heard Hiccup sigh in relief from behind her. It wasn't that she cared all too much if the teens picked on Hiccup — most of the village did it at this point — but this wasn't the time, nor the place.

This was the place that Vega Storm had come all those years ago, when her parents were still alive, to learn about her destiny as a Viking. She learnt about the types of dragons she would be faced with, the myths and legends of slaughtering a million of the species, where she had known she belonged. This was where her parents had learnt their fate, and where she would learn hers too. It was time for Vega to become a dragon slayer, a true Viking, a hero. It was time to make her parents proud.

And she most certainly was not going to let Snotlout's irritating comments destroy it.

   Gobber ignored the awkward silence and the pounding friction amongst the teenagers and clapped his hand against his hook, one of the many replacements for his skin and bone, "Let's get started!"

    "The recruit who does best will win the honour of killing his first dragon in front of the entire village!" He merrily continued.