Chapter 1

Yaz had been falling in love with the doctor from the day she literally fell into her life, she never stopped amazing her. She was beautiful, smart and strong. How could she not fall in love.

It started when innocent touches started to linger, and hugs lasted longer. There were plenty of times Yaz could have done something, when they were alone pulling away from a hug but holding each other close, she would see the doctor's eyes flicker down and hers would do the same, all she wanted was to lean in and kiss her, but she let the moment pass, every time.

Then that evening on New Year's day after they had defeated the Dalek, Yaz had found herself alone with the doctor and the doctor pulled her in for a kiss that was over before it even started. The doctor had disappeared before Yaz had even realised what had happened then went back to normal the next day, pretending it didn't happen.

----

The doctor didn't know what came over her. She knew she was falling for Yaz, she tried to hide it but couldn't resist the little touches and hugs. The worst was that she knew Yaz felt the same and she could never let anything happen. She was determined to not let it get any further than just a close friendship, for Yaz's sake.

Then the night of New Year's Day happened. She was filled with so many emotions, knowing that she could have lost her friends, that she could have lost Yaz. But her heart overpowered her brain that night and she leaned in and kissed her. She let herself enjoy it for a moment before stepping away. She quickly retreated, realising there was no way of passing that off as a close friendship anymore, so she chose to ignore it, ignore Yaz.

But then she found herself alone with Yaz in the console room. There was no escape, this was happening.