Chapter 4

After a while one of the neighbors come to the house with a plant covered in chalk.

"Can your children please explain this?"The neighbor sighs.

My parents look at me with raised eyebrows and I shrug.

"Why would a 17 year old, senior in high school, have chalk? It could've been a different neighbor who did that! You don't always have to blame me, Mr.Kane."I say in defense and Ashton snorts.

I stomp on his foot when no one's looking and he winces quietly.

"And why would a punk rock guy like me, have chalk?"Ashton asks and I giggle.

"You're not punk rock."I mutter.

"I am too!"Ashton whines.

"The point is, we're too mature for chalk."I say.

"I'm assuming it's you because you once tried blending my plants when you said you'd water them with him."Mr.Kane says and this time Ashton giggles.

"Hey! I happen to have a deep love for my blender. I got it for my birthday last year."I say and Ashton smiles.

"I got you that blender."

"Why did you get me a blender?"I ask and he shrugs.

"I thought you'd make me smoothies."He says and I squint my eyes at him and he just backs away a little.

"And if you didn't make me smoothies, I thought we'd blend someone's phone."

"Okay. That sounds like my Ashton. Anyways, it wasn't me. I'm tired. C'mon Ashypoo."