Chapter I

The arrival of an Angel.

The night was beautiful in that place, the moonlight allowed me to easily see everything around, the sound of the waves when they hit the rocks made me feel seduced, it was as if the sea was shouting at me. I felt restless. It had been many days since we arrived at that place of which I did not even know the name. I was not allowed to leave my room because they were scare that I could escape once more. There were two lookouts in my door, two in the window and Gahia (the girl who used to accompany me even in my most intimate exploits).

As evident, none of the people who watched me closely were men, this to avoid that I could seduce them as in previous occasions, since with women it was a bit more difficult for me, because on them, until the moment I could only execute mental power. The sea was so restless that I could not resist its call, it was stronger than me, I felt that I could not control my impulses, I did not even realize when I entered Gahia's mind, not until the moment I started to listen to her voice in my mind trying to resist my influence, asking me to stop. It was strange, for the first time I did not listen only to the thoughts of the person on whom I was executing my power, but I also listened to the voices of other people who resisted as if I were also controlling them. It was something new for me, it had never happened before, I felt that I could not control it and it was very irritating and at the same time exhausting.

In the midst of my despair I turned around, closed my eyes, and covered my ears with my hands, while trying to stop it. But it was impossible, I turned again to the place where Gahia was and I shouted "Enough, it is enough", at that moment, she fell unconscious. It was until then that my mind was totally silent. I leaned my hands on the night table so that I could stand up, because my legs were shaking and I felt very tired. I raised my right hand to touch my face and I realized that I was sweating; rather it was like water gushed from my pores. I looked in the mirror and could not believe it was me; I looked behind me to make sure there was no one else in my room. Without a doubt it was me; from my skin came a cooling glow, my black eyes turned aquamarine and my hair was much longer and abundant.

Again I began to listen to the crash of the waves on the rocks and ran to the window, this time with the firm decision to do with the lookouts in the window what I had already done unconsciously with Gahia; but once I opened the window, what I saw in the first instance were their bodies on the floor, they were also unconscious, it was not until then that I could understand why I heard so many voices before.

I did not stop to think and left the place stealthily to avoid being seen. Once I was outside the house I ran freely as if I knew the place, as if I knew where I was going, as if I had ever been there at some other time.

After a while, I heard a noise behind and I thought that maybe someone was following me, so I decided stop in order to close my eyes and get the concentration needed to mentally review the place, but I found no one behind me and I decided to just keep going my way.

I finally reached the beach, and was very close to discovering what had brought me there; it was just at that moment when I saw him squatting on the stone facing the sea. He looked like a character taken from a Japanese anime in an American version, his long black hair shining under the rays of the moon, while the cold breeze hit his pale face squarely. His eyes were lost in the ocean, as if he were looking for something he had lost. Suddenly a stone hit the rock behind which I watched him, I got frightened and quickly turned to hide, but he was already in front of me, he took me by the neck and cornered me against the rock without giving me time even to make a movement. His eyes were filled with tears, there was still one running on his cheek. Regardless of the heat and lack of air that could be caused by the force that exerted his hand on my throat, at that moment my skin stood up completely due to the cold that radiated his hand, it was as if he was frozen, or worse, As if he were... dead.

Suddenly sharp fangs came out of his mouth which undoubted he was willing to fit in my neck. Fortunately Valiant came out of nowhere, jumped on him taking it off me and while they were fighting Valiant shouted "She is Gabrielle." I do not know why, but the mere pronunciation of my name put an end to the fight.

Valiant was furious. I had never seen him like this before. This time unlike other times he forgot the kindness, with which he used to address me, and he shouted to me saying that we would go home at that exact moment; He took me by the wrist and began to pull me as if it were a beast. It was the first time he was so aggressive, counting from the moment I met him when I was barely children.

The way he walked, his breathing, the way he was hurting my arm, and his silence confirmed the gravity of his anger.

That night, silence reigned all the way. An only thought passed through my mind ... "Why so much anger?" It was strange, in the past I had found myself facing dangers that to my thinking were greater, and however, it seemed that I was wrong although I could not understand why. Without realizing we were already in front of the house, at that moment he stopped, I was standing behind him and he was still holding my wrist brutally.

"Get inside the house!" He said firmly without turn to see me.

After nodding my head, I looked up saying "The man from the beach..." Then Valiant interrupted by saying:

"I will not say anything about him."

"I know! " I replied. "I just wanted you to know it's on the roof."

"I understand. Let's go inside." He mumbled serenely. Everybody is waiting for us.