Chapter IV

In the hands of a known stranger

When I woke up it was already more than midnight and I was in my bed; all the lights were off even the one on my bedside table. I sat down suddenly thinking that they had gone to the beach without me, but suddenly I heard Angel's voice:

"We did not do it tonight."

"Why?" I asked immediately

"August felt very weak and preferred to do it tomorrow night."

"Where are you? I cannot see you in the dark.

Even if I was in the light you could not see me, unless you came to my room.

"Wait a moment. How is it that you can enter my mind? No other vampire can do it unless I allow it. Why can you do it without me even noticing?"

"What can I say? Apparently you and I have more in common than other vampires."

"What's next? Are you going to ask me to be your wife? I asked him in the most sarcastic way that could exist.

"Girl, I have lived more than five hundred years, you can be sure that I do not like to walk around cleaning mucus. Why do not you sleep better, we'll leave very early in the morning."

"Wait a minute; you said August said we would do it at night. How comes that we leave in the morning?"

"The others will solve your mother's problem; we both are leaving to Los Angeles in the morning."

"I won't go without seeing her."

"Where are you going?"

"I need to talk to my father." I answered full of anger."1

"Do not behave like a baby girl and do what he asked you to do."

"Do not be surprised, you just said I'm a brat."

"Do whatever you want then."

At that time I went to Leonard's room to talk to August, but he was not there, he decided to stay with Angel since they ended too late planning things. Even so I did not stop and went to look for him, I went into the room and turned on the light and standing in front of the bed just to tell him that I would not go without seeing her, to which he replied saying that I was already a woman and that I should behave as such.

"Staying would just complicate things Gabrielle." August said gently.

"You know well that I can take care of myself, father. I said with great anger."

"Yes, but understand that in this situation you become the target and everyone will try to make their lucky shot. August said again while sitting on the bed."

"Then I want to go alone to the United States."

"That will never happen, I do not think you can fight against everyone at once and I know that there will be many who will go after you, you are going to need help, a lot of help."

"Then let Valiant and Gahia be those who come with me."

"They would hinder you; you know they cannot move in the light."

"If you are afraid of me you can be calm, I have taken care of you before and I think you are still complete. But if it's the fact that you think I'm attractive, sexy and almost perfect what makes you nervous, you do not have to worry, you still have a few years left so that I can see you as more than a little girl." said Angel with great sarcasm and arrogance still lying on the bed.