Blackwater

Hope you all enjoy 🦇

After the intensity of the afternoon, I was struggling to keep myself from going insane as I busied myself around the pack house.

Mike and Vanessa were still locked up in the third story bedroom, and Chris was yet to return from his run, which left me to fend for myself.

I had already helped Jaime and a couple of the younger females do the dishes and clean up the kitchen, but had been ushered out when food became involved. “Go check on the pups.” Jaime smiled over her shoulder at me. “Rhylee wants to introduce you to some of her friends, I’m sure.”

I sighed, mentally preparing myself for another run-in with the pint sized princess.

In the back of my mind, I was starting to realize that this was my new life. Listening to Alphas scream at each other, cleaning, and taking care of the pups.

Realistically, I was aware that Jaime played a slightly bigger role than I was giving her credit for. She was the voice of reason in the Alpha’s ear, a guiding force within the pack, and the mother of its future leaders.

A lump began to build in my throat the more I thought.

Wolves mated for one reason; the future of the pack. That meant pups.

The thought of being pregnant made my stomach drop. Fuck, I probably already am, after today’s escapades. A tiny little life was more than likely already attached to the inside of my womb.

I began to breathe heavily.

That’s what they both wanted, right? A pup to carry on their legacies and lead the pack under their guidance.

But whose pup am I carrying? Was it possible I wasn’t pregnant yet? If I wasn’t, would they let me remain that way?

These questions made my head spin.

“Auntie Selene?” I had been so consumed with my thoughts that I hadn’t realized I was still headed towards the pups’ rooms. I shook my head and crouched down to smile at little Rowan. “Are you gonna play wif us?” With a nod, I stood back up and held out my hand for him to grab, letting him guide me through to a large room filled with toys and a nice indoor playset.

The sounds of squealing little pups and their little feet stomping around the playroom was slightly overwhelming, but I put on a brave face. There had to be at least ten little pups running around.

“Rhylee, c’mere!” Rowan called out for his older sister, and the rest of the pups slowly began to notice my entrance.

I felt a tug on my belt loop, and I glanced down to find a little she-wolf chomping on a piece of bubble gum. “Who are you?”

Rhylee came running down one of the little slides and jumped up into my arms. “This is my Auntie Selene!” She giggled and I kissed her cheek, letting her back down so that she could play. The other wolves all nodded their little heads, going back to their toys and games like nothing had happened.

Rowan led me over to a table with legos, gesturing for me to sit down, much to my amusement.

He was quiet and reserved, unlike his sister, who was shouting out orders to her friends in what sounded like a very convoluted game of tag. Rowan sat down in my lap and built with the colorful blocks, occasionally asking me for input on his efforts.

A couple of other little wolves sat around us, racing toy cars or pretending to cook.

I was the official taste tester for hundreds of imaginary dishes, much to the delight of the young she-wolves. It was surprisingly relaxing, save the occasional shout I had to give to the racing wolves about being mindful of their peers, and it gave me some time to clear my head.