Chapter 3

Hey guys!!! I'm back kinda? Not full force but I'm writing some more now. I love cashbys but lately I had been focusing on Kellics because they seem to be my most popular but I just couldn't write on them it seems so I took a step back and went to my roots and decided to work on my Cashby and well this pitiful chapter is the result lol. It's not my best writing but it's something. It's a filler chapter of course but it's just a little something to get myself back in to the groove of things hopefully!

Let me know what you guys think in the comments and if you even like this concept so far!

I love you all to death and thanks so much for sticking with my writing💕💕💕

Alan's POV

I shot up from my bed in a panic as I heard a loud noise coming from outside. I instantly pulled my covers to my neck and began taking deep breaths. My eyes were still closed as I tried to focus on what the noise could be exactly. I couldn't open my eyes until I had some idea as to what the noise could be. It was loud, that's for sure. It took me a couple more minutes to come to the conclusion that it was some sort of vehicle, but not a car like my Mom or Dad's. I carefully stepped onto the cold floor of my room and tiptoed over to the window. I pulled back the curtain just enough to see out. To my surprise two moving trucks lined the sidewalk of the road across the street.

I continued to look as people wearing jumpsuits with the same logo as the moving trucks worked to move the different furniture items from the backs of the trucks. There were four of them in total. My eyes roamed over the scene looking for who could possibly be moving in. I didn't see anyone at first, but then the front door of the house opened and out walked a boy.

He looked to be about my age. He was tall and lanky, with brown hair that kind of stuck up on the top of his head. He was wearing a shirt that had the sleeves cut out of it with a pair of ripped skinny jeans. As I took in his appearance I noticed the print on his shirt. Several people with gruesome looking masks stood out against the black of his shirt and I couldn't help the way I instantly wanted to cover my eyes at the image. However, I didn't have time for that because as I let my eyes wonder back up to his face I found him looking directly at me.

I was quick to drop to the floor and pull the curtain closed. There's no way he could have seen me right? I could only hoped he hadn't. I lightly banged my head back against the wall and sighed. My heart began to race out of my chest and the feeling of anxiety crept up my spine. I took the next few minutes to calm myself down. I could already tell today would not go as planned. With another sigh I got up from the floor and went about my morning.

I started by giving my room a quick glance over, making sure nothing moved in the night. After that I made my way over to my closet. I carefully opened it before quickly turning on the light and making sure nothing was there. After I was satisfied with the check, I grabbed a hoodie and a pair of jeans from my drawer and headed to the bathroom. Once my quick shower was done, I towel dried my messy hair and threw on my clothes before heading downstairs.

As I walked through the living room, I glanced out of the window to see if I could sneakily see the boy from across the street. He wasn't there but there was a new person there. He wasn't dressed like the movers so I can only assume he was moving into the house along with the boy from earlier, who I couldn't seem to find anymore.

"Alan honey are you okay?" I heard my Dad say snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Huh? Yeah I'm good why?"
"You've been intensely staring out that window for five minutes now." He said and raised an eyebrow.
"Oh I was curious. There's people across the street. The noise scared me this morning." I said with a shrug. Dad walked over beside me and pulled back the curtain a little more to get a better look.

"You two get away from that window! We don't want the new neighbors thinking we're nosy." My mom scolded from the kitchen.
"Since when do we have neighbors?" My dad asked as he pulled the curtain back to its original position and motioned for me to follow him to the kitchen.
"Since today." My Mom shrugged. "They're the Carlile's. I met Robert earlier as I got the mail and I invited them over for dinner. I figured Alan may make a new friend!"
"Huh?" I said as I felt my insides curl inward. "Mom you know I don't do well with people. Plus I just saw him earlier a-and.." I stopped thinking about his shirt. "and i'm sure we wouldn't get along."
"Honey you never know."
"Mom I know." I told her with certainty.
"Alan you have to give people a chance." She said and threw her hands up in the air and shook her head.
"Mom I do! It's just hard!"

"I know Alan, I know." I stared at her as she just looked at me and shook her head. I looked at Dad to see him giving her a hard stare and suddenly I wasn't comfortable in the room anymore.
"I'm sorry." I said and left the kitchen to go back upstairs to my room. Once I got there I flopped down on my dead and stared at the ceiling. I knew it was stupid. My inability to function like a normal human was nonexistent at this point. I was ridiculous for being scared of interacting with others. I was just ridiculous in general.