Chapter 2

3 weeks later my mother asked me if I wanted to visit my aunt who lives in Orlando. I told her yes she told me too pack my things to I'm leaving tomorrow. Something in me was telling me not to go but I was too excited to see my aunt and her kids. The next day my mom had already called transportation and the came and got me at 12pm. I told everyone goodbye and my mom gave me $40.

I was nervous I didn't know what I was getting myself into but all I knew was that i was leaving my moms toxic house. It took 4 hours to get to her house only because the man was taking frequent stops. Mind you I'm still 17. The moment I got there she greeted me at the door and helped me put my bags in. I greeted all my cousins and sat on the couch. She showed me my room and bathroom. I was happy because I left a toxic relationship and left a city where everyone hated me. The next day she took me to the district and there they found me a school and put all my paperwork in the system. That same day we went to go visit the school and sign papers I got a tour and went home. The school was very big and had a lot to offer. I was kinda sad because I had to leave my old school and it was my senior year. The next day we went shopping for clothes since the school is non-uniform. I returned all the clothes that I bought when I was at my mom house because they were all uniform. After that we went to a clothing store and I bought clothes for about $150. She never told me that she didn't want to buy me clothes but I found that out at the cash register because she snapped and said "I thought you had your own money next time tell me you have no money before we leave the house" I was kind upset because of how she embarrassed me in front of everyone. That was my first red flag that I didn't want to be there. My mom called me that night checking my on me. I didn't tell her what happened because I didn't want it to seem like I'm not liking this lady's house.
The next day was my first day of school in Orlando I didn't know what to expect I woke up at 5am took a shower, brushed my teeth, and washed my face after that I went in the room lotion my body threw on some jeans and a red shirt with some black nike shoes I had. I woke up my aunt she took me to school. School started at 7:05 which is 15 mins earlier then my old school. I got my schedule and went to the periods I had that day. I was quite in every class nobody hardly noticed me. School ended at 1:35 which was was an hour earlier then my old school. When I got home I had to babysit and it was all 4 of her kids they are all dramatic and has a lot of attitude. But i know how to handle pressure.