chapter 1

Kendra and luke didn't exactly fit in at The Alexander Great School for the Magically Inclined, out of all the elves,pixies, wizards, goblins and fairies they were the strangest. You see, even gnomes know where their power comes from, and even pixies have a recorded history. Shadow singers are a little different, darkness whispers to them, and shadows tell them secrets. Shadow singers have no set limitations, and that is scary to the teachers of Alexander, so every morning for the first two hours of the school day kendra sits alone in the zen room listening to the shadows as they tell her all kinds of things you couldn't imagine. The rest of the school is at magical enhancement, as no one truly knows how to control the singers power they get to figure it out by themselves. Luke tends to practice petrifying the younger students by making shadow demons harass them. Kendra prefers listening, she hears secrets, desires but most importantly information. You see Alexanders isn't your average magical school like hogwarts, no, they are training the next batch of military troops. Every 10 years 1000 more bodies are added to the army, and they come straight from alexanders. But what kendras shadows want to tell her might change the war on mortals forever. Just before the message solidifies in her mind though the bell rings and it’s time for magical history. “Crap.” mutters kendara “That cursed bell.” As she steps out of the zen room a flood of students rush passed, mostly pixies as they can fly faster than anyone else. The dust triggers a sneezing fit and kendara is left sputtering in the corridor.

“Look, the terrifying shadow singer.” a high, whiny voice interjects, “can't even handle a little pixie dust.” says a pink haired pixy as she throughs more dust kendras way. With blurred vision kendara sees maggie and her troop fly down the corridor. Kendara starts down the other way towards the projectile field. The marble hallway is filled with light and kendara is temporarily blinded, as she is regaining her vision a familiar silhouette appears in front of her, and kendra lets out a frustrated grunt.

“Ken, you better have just forgotten that your class is the other way.” her twin warns in is synicle voice. “I know you would never skip magical history.”

“You know what, i hate you.”

“Not as much as you hate MH.”

“True.” sighs kendara as she turns around and goes back down the corridor with her brother, twin really, but people normally forget that. Luke has dark hair, blue eyes and is a head taller than kendara, he's also skinny, fast and one of the most sought after boys in the school, as opposed to his twin who is short, muscular, blond and a bit of a social outcast.

As the two walk down the corridor kendara wonders about the new book waiting for her at the dorm, it’s one about military strategy of mortals and is said to be a big help in the war, as she thinks about what treasures that book could contain they arrive at magical history, and as they enter the door kendara trips and lands face first on the floor, red faced she lets luke lift her up, looking very amused. “Are you alright?” he asks with a giggle in his voice.

“Fine” ken replies stiffly and walks to her seat at the back of the class. Whilst luke gives her one last apologetic look before heading to his seat in the fount and being greeted by his numerous friends.