Snivellus // Edited

Chapter Four- Snivellus (write a chapter in which a character bullies or is bullied during or after school)

"So," Lily began as we sat down to breakfast, "whatever happened to never?"

"It was just a one-off moment," I said, blushing. "We were both worked up from the feeling of victory."

"Doesn't seem like both of you think that way," Lily mused, pointing subtly to the entrance. I turned around and saw Sirius and his friends walking towards us.

"Oh god," I muttered under my breath.

Ok, so it wasn't like I didn't like Sirius, oh boy I did after experiencing that kiss, but I didn't like him to the point of wanting to be with him. I just wanted us to be friends, maybe even a bit closer, but without the affection and the having to do everything together or whatever it was that couples did.

"Gwyn," he greeted, taking a seat beside me. A couple of girls sighed as he did so, one of them even bursting into tears.

"Sirius," I replied. "James, Remus, Peter," I nodded as the three of them sat down. Lily screwed up her nose with disgust as James took a seat beside her and turned her body away from him.

"So, how's my girl?" Sirius asked, placing an arm around my waist. I squirmed away and sighed, bowing my head.

"Look, Sirius, what happened yesterday...it was just the heat of the moment, ok? I don't want what happened between us to change how we were before." I waited before peering upwards. Sirius wore an expression of sadness before it quickly changed into one of amusement.

"I know, I'm just pretending," he said, leaning closer so he could whisper to me. "Put on a show with me," he whispered.

I blinked. "A show?"

"Yeah. Pretend to be my girlfriend."

I snorted. "And why would I do that?"

"Because, if you don't, then I might just let slip that someone had something to do with a certain incident that was blamed on Peeves last month..." His eyes glimmered.

"You wouldn't," I gasped. The incident he was referring to was a horde of Bowtruckles escaping and being lost in the Forbidden Forest. Granted, it was my fault because I'd forgotten to check that I had locked them securely in their cage, but it was an honest mistake.

"I won't if you agree to do it," he said.

"Why me? Why not one of them?" I asked, pointing over to the crying girl who was being comforted by other fangirls.

"Because, you won't fall in love with me," he smirked.

"Don't be so sure of that," I replied, edging closer to him. "I might just be really good at hiding it."

"Hide away then, it'll probably make us seem more realistic."

To anyone around us, we looked like a couple have a few bickering moments, with Sirius acting apathetic and me nagging. I sighed in frustration as I knew I wasn't going to be able to get out of this.

"Fine, but only if we set some ground rules," I demanded. Sirius nodded and I went ahead with laying them down. "Firstly, we are not getting physically involved. And I don't mean kissing or holding hands or whatever, I mean the bedroom stuff only reserved for marriage."

"Scared I'll hurt you?" Sirius grinned. I ignored him.

"Secondly, I'm not spending every blinking minute by your side; you have your life and I have mine."