The End? // Edited

Chapter Seven - The End? (write a chapter that takes place in a cafeteria)

"And they are over!" I groaned, collapsing onto the bench.

"Congratulations for making it out in one piece," Remus said, smiling at me. "No Sirius?"

"Nah, they were doing it by forenames so he's still waiting for his turn."

Remus nodded as Lily and James took a seat opposite us. I raised my eyebrow, surprised that Lily would ever be willing to be alone with James.

"We bumped into each other on the way in," she clarified as if sensing my amusement. I smirked before I sat up straight and stretched.

"I am so catching up on sleep tonight," I yawned.

"Not going to spend any more time with me?" A pair of fingers entwined with mine and I smiled up at the dark-haired boy.

"As much as I like you, sleep is a jealous mistress," I said. He laughed as he untangled himself from me and sat down. "Anyway, how'd it go?"

"Aced it," he said, a wide grin on his face.

"Someone's confident," I replied.

"Well, if you spend as much time as we all did preparing for the exam, it's inevitable you'll feel like you've done well."

"I'm still worried about mine," Lily said, biting her nails nervously, "what if I slipped up on something really simple? What if I ended up filling the answer sheet in wrong?"

"Hey, you've probably down brilliantly, Lils," James reassured.

I watched the two of them with keen interest, thinking how good they looked together.

Suddenly, McGonagall appeared and beckoned to Sirius and me.

"I just wanted to thank the two of you for making peace and having stopped your endless pranks," she said. "Because of this, we may have a chance of winning the House Cup this year." She nodded briskly before leaving

As she disappeared, I leant into Sirius.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

He smirked. "I might be."

"Oh no, I know that look from experience. Whatever the two of you are plotting, stop it now," Remus ordered, frowning at us. We smiled as innocently as we could and shrugged.

"We're not up to anything at all," we said.

"We are so up to something," I said, sneaking out of the common room, with Sirius close behind. "Where did you even get something like this?"

I was referring to the Invisibility Cloak that he had brought along with him and we were both under.

"It doesn't matter," he said. "Now are we doing this, or what?"

"Of course we are."

We sneaked down to the kitchen corridors and uncloaked ourselves. When we walked up to the painting that hid the kitchens, Sirius reached out and tickled the pear.

"Students!" the House Elves chorused, greeting us brightly.

"We need your help with something..." I began.

----

The next morning, I woke up early and filled with anticipation. McGonagall would probably kill us for what we had planned, but it was almost the end of the year and we wanted it to go out with a bang.

Quickly getting changed, I sneaked down the stairs and waited for everyone else to wake up.

"It's rare to see you up at this hour," Remus said, strolling down the stairs.

"Woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep," I replied, shifting my legs off the sofa so he could take a seat.

We sat in comfortable silence, the only sound being the crackling of the fire.

"The last time we were in this exact spot, I asked you what you thought of Sirius," Remus suddenly said. "If I were to ask again, would your answer be different?"

"No," I replied, surprising him. "It'd be the same, but I'd have some additional things as well. About how he maybe all those things, but when it comes to his friends, he'll put them in front of his own wellbeing without a moment's hesitation."

"Seems like you did try to look at him from a different angle," Remus mused.

"Indeed," I answered.

More people began milling into the common room and when I saw Sirius, I jumped from the sofa and ran to his side.

"Phase one, complete," he said, handing me a roll of film.

"Phase two, commencing," I grinned. I snuck out to the corridor and made my way to the kitchens.

"Thank you," I said, handing the film over to the Elves, who beamed with a slightly creepy enthusiasm.

When I returned to the common room, slightly out of breath, Remus eyed me suspiciously.

"What are you doing?"

"Morning run..."

"In your robes?"

"...yes?"

Remus shook his head and I mentally sighed with relief.

Soon, people began to go get breakfast. Sirius and I exchanged grins and waited for the first cries of disgust. As soon as someone opened the doors to the great door, they were pelted with water bombs.

A camera shutter went off, taking snapshots of their disbelief. The House Elves had enchanted it to do so for us when we asked them; we told them it was to take pictures for...memories, which wasn't too far off from what we had planned also.

"Who put a Sticking Charm on the cutlery?"

"The cutlery? Who put a Sticking Charm on our bloody seats!"

I clutched my sides in a fit of laughter with Sirius as we watched from the top of the marble staircases.

"Oh crud, Dumbledore!" Sirius hissed. We ducked down and watched as the Headmaster entered the hall and surveyed the scene.

There was a faint smile on his face as he turned to where we were hiding. 'Miss, Reich, Mr. Black, I expect this to be cleaned up and I also expect your plan to consist of several ridiculous pictures of me."

With that, he walked in and the camera went crazy as it took pictures of the drenched Wizard.

"This...is...so...worth it!" I cried, flinging my arms around Sirius.

"Just wait until we distribute it to everyone..." Sirius gleamed.

We both grinned mischievously until a shrill scream brought our attention back to the doors.

"You two! My office! Now!" McGonagall yelled, pointing in the direction of her office as she dripped with water.

"I'll miss this in the Summer," I mused as we made our way to her office.