I

"But momma, please let me get one more piece," Grayson whined pouting and pointing at the candy aisle.

Strange stares were thrown from every direction at the peculiar sight of a seventeen year old scowling over candy, not that Grayson would ever notice their judgmental stares.

"Graybear, didn't you promise to be a good boy before we left the house?" Lisa teased. Grayson's eyes widened in fear of making his momma upset and silently followed after her, with longing eyes darted in the direction of his favorite aisle.

Yet, it didn't take long for Grayson's vibrant persona to take over him again. He was soon rambling on about how he can't wait to go back home and play princess with his beloved teddy bear, Fuzzy.

Lisa aimlessly strolled through the aisles attentive of the way Grayson spoke, eyes sparkling and hands flaring around in excitement.

While Lisa was too busy picking out sauces, she had noticed the silence she was surrounded by without her beloved son.

"Grayson," she tried calling. No answer. "Grayson!" She shrieked frantically, once again nothing but the beeping of the check out machines was heard.

The trolly long forgotten behind her, Lisa ran around hoping to find a glimpse of her child. After a few minutes of scampering around the market, asking about a 17 year old wearing a yellow hoodie.

She halted at the endearing sight of Grayson, crisscrossed on the floor babbling on to a child, who looked no older than 7, about his stuffie collection.

Lisa stood there in awe until she noticed the harsh glares of what appeared to be the girl's mother.

It would be an understatement to say Lisa was heartbroken at how cruel people are these days. Grayson couldn't hurt a fly even if he tried, and it showed.

Though people always tend to spurn away from what seems to them as offbeat or whatever they cannot explain.

She hurried off towards Grayson before the foul mouth of the lady could near her baby boy. Tugging at his floral yellow hoodie, a smile tugging at her lips when his eyes light up at the sight of his mother.

Lisa could swear her love for the boy grew a million times just at that gesture. "C'mon baby, let's go back home to Fuzzy."

Grayson stood up waving at the girl who shyly waved back ever so slightly, running back and clinging to her mom, who was eyes were still shooting daggers at the oblivious little boy.

As they checked out all their items, Lisa noticed Grayson frowning and pouting looking glumly towards the parking lot.

Following his gaze, she noticed an old lady who looked around sixty- plus, struggling to pick up the bags from her cart to place them in the back of her old school truck.

Lisa smiled warmly, nudging Grayson's shoulder to grab his attention.

"You can go help if you want to baby, I won't be mad. Be back here as soon as you're done though!" Lisa couldn't even finish her words before Grayson sprinted out of the store a cute giggling sound erupted from between his cherry glossed lips.

"Hello ma'm, let Grayson help you! I can do it!" He gushed out quickly, already reaching for the bags in the cart.

The old woman smiled warmly, the boy's smile and vivacity instantly melting her heart. She stepped back patting his back and felt the need to hear the boy's voice.