The Bad Boy Next Door

Kiyan Matai

< Wednesday, 8:33 pm >

               "Where you at yo?" My brother yells at me through my phone like he didn't know the answer.

               "You would know the answer to that if you ever paid attention to me" I replied smartly while holding onto my jacket as if it would keep warm from this brisk air.

                 "Stop playing games where you at, bro?" I hear him sigh through the phone.

                  "Walking home from the football game, silly. I told you I'd be late today" I said. He sucks his teeth knowing as well as I did he was in the wrong.

                  "Bruh, I'm over here hungry as hell" He groans.

                   "You're a grown man, you should know how to cook for yourself" He keeps quiet. "Cash app me I'll stop by McDonald's" I said already pissed off. Now I got to go out my way for my boneheaded brother.

                  "Love youuu" He sang.

                  "You're paying for me" I told him before hanging up. Before i have the chance to put my phone back in my coat pocket, a loud car horn shakes me up and makes me trip over a raised sidewalk. "Shoot" I fall on my shoulder and rolled my eyes.

                 "Yo'" I said heated as a bitch before standing to my feet. "I-" In the driver's seat was Cole smirking at me with his low I.Q. friends.

                "My bad, I assumed faggots was used to being on they knees" They all snickered at his juvenile joke.

                "Haha, ask ya daddy why his knees so ashy then" I snapped back. They all sit there silently at my response.

                "Next time I catch yo ass, it's on sight bitch" He comments before speeding off.

                "Stupid ass boy" He's a sophomore at the local community college and still found time to hang around here picking on me and making trouble like he used to when we were kids.

                I made it to McDonald's and ordered my food and it didn't feel as long as it usually did as I was cursing out Cole and his groupies. "Ooo, somebody's a bad ass" My friend Gina comments from behind the counter. "Doesn't your hot brother give you a curfew"

             "Ha ha" I laugh sarcastically at her joke. "I'm coming home from the Garrison game" She hands me my food.

             "Well don't wait up tonight cause I'm closing then imma be on the phone with Coland" She says blushing. I press my lips together and rolled my eyes playfully.

             "Mhm, I'll see you tomorrow" I make my way on home and Kieran was sitting on the couch watching basketball. I throw his bag at him and mumbled 'about damn time' I chuckled and make my way to my room to eat and finish my homework.
My phone rings loudly through my speaker which interrupted SZA's album. I slam my pencil down and pick up my phone.

                "Who the fuck" I whispered to myself as I unlock my phone.

From Cole:
Come over, now

To Cole:
I'm busy...

From Cole:
I ain't ask wyd get tf over here
Imma beat your ass if you ain't here in 2 minutes