5

--

"Miss Swan," Adriana's brown eyes finally met green ones after securing the door. Her attire suited a sleepover, as she wore nothing more than a comfortable red wool sweater with long sleeves and a pair of grey sweat pants. Her feet were clad in red socks. Diamond earrings, however, twinkled from each ear.

"Adriana," Samantha softly whispered, whilst staring.

"Oh baby, I am so delighted to see you," the brunette immediately closed the distance between them whilst extending her arms.

Swan, of course, gently took a hold of those soft hands into hers. Adriana's countenance revealed nothing more than complete love and admiration and relief after finally coming face to face with the other woman. It was beautiful, to witness the look upon someone else's face, appearing so fully relieved to see her. Realizing that another person could really love her as much as the brunette did, was clearly something that took Samantha's breath away. Even as their fingers entwined, tears formed in her green eyes. From finally knowing what love could truly feel like when someone as special and beautiful as Adriana loved her without a doubt and without holding back anything.

"Do let us sit down," the brunette offered, leading them to a comfortable looking caramel colored chair in the middle of the room.

There was only one bed within the cramped but clean apartment. But from the dark circles under Adriana's eyes, Swan was very certain that the older woman hadn't slept in a very long time.

"Red told me what you did for her," Samantha couldn't hold it in as her hands still weren't released from the brunette's soft ones. She sent her a warm look. "You're really such a good person. I can't believe I ever doubted your worth."

"Yes, I have...done so much good in my life to redeem myself," Adriana acknowledged whilst bowing her head a little. Those honey colored cheeks became flushed. "Does this mean that you find my actions admirable instead of criminal?"

"I really can't explain how I feel about you, Adriana," Samantha admitted in a voice that cracked. A tear slipped down her cheek. "All I know is that I've never felt this way about anyone before. And it scares me that..."

"Shhh," Adriana pressed a finger onto the other woman's parted lips to silence her. The gesture alone was so mind blowing, the blonde stared back. "I know where Jordan is, like I said. Word gets around. And you will have him back in your arms before the sun rises tomorrow."

"How will you..." Samantha began but she was silenced again as the older woman intimately caressed her parted lips with a soft thumb.

For fifteen minutes, Swan watched Adriana take control of the situation. On the phone, the brunette made a few calls, and obviously one was to Red. Then moving quickly, she pulled open a drawer attached to a brown wardrobe and retrieved a Colt. From the looks of it, the gun had to be an M1911. And it really surprised Samantha to witness the older woman tucking the weapon into the waist of her pants.

"I don't want you to have any more blood on your hands," she found herself admitting from across the room. Immediately, the brunette turned around and stared at her. Those red lips slowly parted. "You've done so much to try to get over your past," Samantha said. "I can't stand the thought of you using a gun again."

"My dear," Adriana slowly walked over to the blonde whilst gazing intently into green eyes. She cupped Samantha's face into her hands. "I will not stand in your presence and allow anyone to harm you. Or your son."

"I have my weapon," Samantha produced it and showed her. "Let me use mine."

"I have to be armed."