Chapter 57

The fire cracked and I jumped and sat on the floor in front of it. "Hey dad," I whispered. "Before you get mad..." he shook his head. "I'm not mad," he laughed. "Remus on the other hand was not impressed, you see I never had the problem your having." I rolled my eyes and said, "we can't all be as naturally smart as you were." He laughed, then warned, "look I'm not here to nag you about the past, I want to know what you're doing to get it together." I answered him, "I caught up on all my assignments and homework, and I've been paying better attention in class." He smiled, "Good, well wish Harry and that boy luck for the final task." I sighed, "that boys name is Cedric, and I will, good bye dad love you." He blew me a kiss, "love you more." I scrambled off to bed.

The week passed by very quickly and tomorrow was the final task. I wanted to spend every minute with Cedric helping him in anyway I could. I snuck into the Hufflepuff common room, thanks to Jackson, and then I went up to his dorm room. "Hey Ced," I saw him sitting at the end of his bed fidgeting with his hands. He didn't look to good, but he smiled at me and said, "Riley how did you get up here?" I giggled and crawled onto the bed beside him. "Jackson, you don't look to good Cedric, want to get some air?" He looked up and nodded. So this time I held his hand and we walked out to the edge of the forbidden forest. We didn't talk much, I think he just needed my company right now. So we found a nice rock, he sat down and I plopped down on top of him. I leaned in and kissed him. He kissed me back and we sat together for a long time. He played with my hair to help him relax, and I leaned my head on his shoulder. It was close to morning by the time he finally seemed to be a little more relaxed. I was trying not to tear up, I hated seeing him like this. But there was nothing I could do. "You need to rest before the task. Here." I gave him what was left of the calming drought Snape had given me. He took it and nodded then went up to his dorm. And I walked back to the griffindor common room the clock read 4am, and I knew I wasn't going to get anymore sleep so I just sat by the fire praying Cedric was finally able to fall asleep. Hermione came down at about 6am, she looked completely worn out. She sat down beside me, and smiled. "You ready?" She asked me. I nodded my head, and sighed. "I wish I could've slept just a little bit though," I told her. She suddenly gave me a little bottle filled with some liquid. "Here this gives you energy for an entire day, trust me I've needed it this year, and now looking at you. I can tell you need it more right now," she said. We both laughed and I chugged the bottle. "Want to go down and grab an early breakfast?" She asked. I wasn't feeling like eating right now so I went and got ready and said I would meet her down there. I curled my hair, and put on a little bit of makeup. I knew the third task was outside so I put on a hoodie I stole from Remus with a pair of black ripped jeans, and white running shoes. When I got to the table there was a surprising amount of people up. I saw Cedric sitting at his table so I went to sit with him. Jackson and Dylan smiled at me worriedly. So I sat down beside Cedric and told him that he had to stay strong for everyone he loved. I made him a plate of breakfast and he slowly worked away at it. I leaned in and whispered, "I love you and I'll see you before the task," I then kissed his cheek and went back to my table. Kaite saved a spot for me and I saw Harry just staring at his food, in fact none of the champions seemed interested in eating. But I couldn't blame them, even I didn't want anything to eat. I saw Dumbledore wisk away all four of them and the task began in an hour so we went to get our seats. I saw Amos, down by the beginning of what seemed to be a maze, I got everyone to save me a seat and ran down to talk with him.