Chapter 58

Amos' face brightened as he saw me coming towards him. I also saw Arthur Weasley speaking with Professor Moody. "Morning Riley," Amos called. I waved and smiled, "Amos, how are you?" He pulled me into a giant hug. "I'm excited how about you Riley?" He asked. I sighed, "I guess you could say the same for me." He grinned, "Cedric will be fine, so will Harry." All four champions were walking out onto the field, Cedric came to me and Amos. He hugged his father closely. Then he walked over to me and grabbed my hands. "Thank you for everything Riley," he said, and kissed my hand. I threw my arms up around his neck and hugged him. And just as Dumbledore was about to start counting down. I kissed Cedric and said, "I love you, please be careful." He nodded and kissed me back. "I love you always." I heard chanting from the stands above. "FIVE, FOUR, THREE, TWO, ONE!!" A giant cannon sounded, Cedric smiled at me and waved he then ran into the maze where I could no longer see him. Amos threw his arm around my shoulder. "There goes our boy," he said proudly. I laughed and wiped a stray tear away from my eye.

I walked back up to where all my friends were sitting, and I sat in between Fred and Kaite. Kaite grabbed my hand to try and reassure me I just gave her a small smile, and waited patiently to see my boyfriends perfect face appear once again. A couple hours went by. My nerves were building up. I thought I was on the edge on having a bad panic attack. I couldn't stop shaking. Then suddenly before me on the ground I saw Harry and Cedric come back holding onto the cup. My two boys had won. I stood up and screamed cheering with all the other Hogwarts people around me. I looked down and saw Harry on top of Cedric. But he didn't look happy. He was crying. And my boyfriend wasn't moving. What the hell was happening. Everyone else was still cheering. Kaite yelled beside me what's wrong. I saw Amos run out on the field and I gasped. Everyone's cheers fell dead silent. I very slowly started making my way down the bleachers. Everyone moved out of the way for me. Arthur tried to grab my arm but I shook him off firmly. "No.. no.. no," I whispered as I got closer to him. I saw his body laying there lifeless down at my feet. I dropped down on my knees and just stared. Harry was bawling, he kept yelling out to me he was sorry. But I just shook my head in denial. I couldn't take my eyes off Cedric, and I couldn't wrap the fact that he was dead around my head. Amos was yelling out in pain. "That's my son, my boy." I had to look away. Professor McGonagall tried to hug me but I shook her off. Amos had tears covering his face, and it was hard to see, but I knelt down beside him, and pulled him in to me. "Riley he's gone," he cried. I nodded my head, and kept hugging Amos. He stood up and was pulled away by Dumbledore and Arthur. I stayed put, and grabbed Cedric's cold hand, and squeezed it hard, trying to put the life back into him. I thought to the kiss right before he went into the maze, and everyone reassuring me he would be okay. Well guess what he isn't okay. And there's no way to bring him back. A single tear escaped by eye, and I felt myself being ripped away. I fought back, and gave Cedric one last kiss on his cheek. "I'll love you forever and always, Cedric Diggory," I whispered into his ear. I finally let myself get pulled up by Snape. My friends stood there looking at me, their eyes were filled with sympathy, but I looked away from them, following behind Snape. He took me to his office and firmly said, "don't move." I didn't respond just sat at the desk me and Ced used to sit at together during class. And then the tears fell. No one was in the room I was free to cry all I wanted. My best friend, my boyfriend, my everything was dead. There was no coming back from this, and there was no escaping this feeling. It felt like I was sitting there almost an hour waiting for someone to come back for me. Finally I heard the door get pushed open. "Riley," snape said. Dumbledore and McGonagoll, followed him in. They all looked incredibly sad for me. I just glared up at them. "Exams have been cancelled, Riley, your free to go home tomorrow." Dumbledore softly spoke. I didn't want to go home, that meant leaving behind Cedric and all our best memories. I nodded and left the classroom. I heard them calling my name behind me. But I just stormed up to my dorm. Hermione and Kaite had already packed, and I began to miserably throw all my belongings into my trunk. Kaite came up after I was finished and sat beside me on my bed. She leaned her head on my shoulder. And cried for me. I sat up all night, thinking about him, I watched the sun set, and rise. I wondered what had happened last night, I never got the story. Or maybe I had I just wasn't listening. This feeling crept over my entire body I felt so empty, and I understood this feeling wasn't going to leave anytime soon.

I boarded the Hogwarts Express, and sat down in a compartment with my best friends, Fred, George, Lee, and Kaite. The ride went by quickly which was to my liking. And when I got off the train I noticed Dylan and Jackson giving me a sad smile. I walked over and gave them both hugs. And Kaite stayed with Jackson comforting him. When I looked around I noticed many students staring at me, so I kept my head down until I felt someone wrap their arms around me, "come here kiddo." Remus pulled me in closely swaying back and forth, this action made me want to cry but I couldn't in front of all these people. "Can we go home?" I asked quietly. Remus nodded, "of course we can sweetheart."