Chapter 64

Around noon me and Remus apparated to the cemetery. I saw the last name Diggory almost immediately and rushed over. There were bright flowers surrounding the grave, and in the centre was a big picture of his face. He was so handsome. I skimmed my finger along the top, and knelt down. "Cedric god the last two weeks have been incredibly hard without you. I've been trying my best to keep it together but I miss you more than I ever imagined possible, it feels like there's a big black hole inside of me, that you once filled with your kindness and love. I know people deep down want me to move on to try and forget. But there is no possible way I could ever forget you." I whispered. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I expected to see Remus but instead I saw Jackson, he looked terrible. "Hey Jackson." I stood up and hugged him. He squeezed me back, "Hey Ry. How are you doing?" He asked. I smiled, "aren't you sick of people asking that question Jackson?" I questioned. He shook his head no, "besides Kaite I have no one to ask me that." He said sadly. I grabbed his hand, and together we stood staring at our best friends grave. "People are coming over tonight if you want to come. Harry, and them are invited of course." He spoke breaking the silence. "I would love to come, but I'm not sure I'm ready to see Harry again." I finally admitted. He nodded his head in agreement. "I don't think either of us will be okay for a long time Riley." Jackson told me. And I stood there in acceptance, he was right. After about another ten minutes of standing together, I broke off to go and find Remus.

I saw him standing by the gates giving me a smile. He hugged me close to him and sighed. "How's Jackson doing?" He asked. I just shook my head. "Worse than I imagined Rem." He apparated us home, I said hello to all the Weasleys then rushed upstairs. Dad was cleaning his parents old bedroom. "Hey dad." I said from the doorway. He dropped the box he was holding and looked up at me. "Did you go?" He asked. I nodded yes. "Jackson was there." I told him. He walked over to me, "was he okay?" Dad asked. I remembered what he told me at the cemetery. "No, he wasn't, but he told me that neither of us were going to be okay for a long time." I whispered. Dad wrapped me in a hug, and I was trying to stop myself from tearing up. "He wasn't wrong Riley, losing your best friend is one of the hardest things someone will ever have to go through. I hate to admit this but you too probably knew each other better than anyone else did." He said, still holding me. "Is that why you didn't come today, you were scared to face them again?" I asked curiously. He let me go and sat down on the bed. "There's not a day that goes by, where my heart doesn't ache for James and Lily. Two of the best people anyone could ever meet." He sighed. "But I also have to think about what I have now, I still have Remus, the Weasleys, Harry, Amos, and most importantly you." I understood where he was coming from. "Jackson invited me to go over and see some of them again." I said. Dad looked at me, "You sure your okay with that?" I took a deep breath. "I think so, and I can always use floo powder to come back if not." I said. He nodded. "Well, you should go and get ready then."

I got up and went back down to our room, and picked out a pair of jeans and a sweater. I tied my hair back, and then I felt as I got hit by a truck. Harry Potter stood in the doorway. I was speechless for minutes. He gave me a very sorrowful look. "Harry." Was all I could manage to say. He flashed me a small smile, and was about to take a step forward. But he stopped noticing my sharp inhalation. "Riley, I tried to save him." He began. Remus and dad both came and stood behind him in the doorway. "Harry no. I don't want to talk about it." I sternly told him. He looked down, almost ashamed. "Are you mad?" He asked. I shook my head. "For once this was far beyond your control, I just wish Cedric didn't get dragged into it." I said. Remus looked away, and dad put his hand on Harry's shoulder. I knew none of this was Harry's fault, but I really didn't want him here right now. "Is it alright if I go now?" I asked. Dad shook his head yes, and that's all it took for me to grab a handful of floo powder and leave.